Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flushing ro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jayjay76

Hi all,

When flushing ro am a right in thinking you open the lever to full and flush for about 15 mins, is there anything else? I'm sure I'm missing something here lol as did that but hardly any water came out the waste port sure I've missed something

Thanks in advance

Hi all,
When flushing ro am a right in thinking you open the lever to full and flush for about 15 mins, is there anything else? I'm sure I'm missing something here lol as did that but hardly any water came out the waste port sure I've missed something

Thanks in advance
Sure you didn't close the valve instead of opening it? Did you hear a hissing noise when flushing?

If it's a new ro it needs a good flush

After that mine gets about a minute whenever i am about to turn it off and sometimes the same before i use it

If it's a new ro it needs a good flushAfter that mine gets about a minute whenever i am about to turn it off and sometimes the same before i use it
Yeah it's a new ro mate, I've been just using it for last month at weekends so this is the first proper flush

Open the waste valve fully and run for a few minutes

That is flushing

The waste tap should be open a bit in use anyway as it will be set up to run optimally so it flushes a bit while running anyway

Back