Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can Someone Advise?

chip

right, in my trawling around the web, I came across this site

Www.tvdvdBoxset.co.uk

Sorry I don't know how to link on this thing.

Anyway, it's got loads of boxsets that I can't find anywhere else, eg all the seasons of Quincy , can only find 1 and2 anywhere else. Situation is thus, the site claims to be secured to the hilt, but there's no sign of such from my perspective, ie no https on the bar. So was wondering if anyone can sus whether it is secure or if they've used them? I've sent an email but being the weekend don't expect to hear anything for a few days. Ta

It won't take you to a secure page until end of checkout which isn't uncommon, suggests paypal etc to me, site is built in wordpress and not properly protected can be easily compromised. I can't find a contact number even though they say they have them, if I can't find an address and phone I won't use a site at all. They aren't a uk company this is apparently the parent http://www.tvwhale.com/ although they don't hide that fact.

Its up to you but no address or contact number does it for me.

Wow! That really is robin hood country! I'm just over in Retford

Is the major oak still held up with akros?

Oh, you can keep Worksop mate! Just kidding, but if I ever get asked by someone there I'll give you the details- im 99% local

cool mate, I wouldn't come out that far so I'll do same for you mate. I get some enquiries that are well out of my range.

I'm just trying to get my head round the areas, to get to edwinstowe I go through ollerton, and skip over the 614 at the roundabout ( btw, there's a decent chippy on that roundabout,in case you don't know! Well it was a year or 2 back) I didn't realise Worksop was nearer for you, do you go 614 or the one above it that takes you to manton?

We've got KFC - and it's dire, but I'm a veggie! If I want a mcflurry it's 5 mile to tuxford

Chip,

Did you get a response from the guys at tvdvdboxset.co.uk? I tried to buy the box set of The Paper Chase, which I haven't found anywhere else but was put off by the apparent lack of secure transactions. Not only that, the price is listed as £41.50 but if I go to tvwhale.com (identical layout, so presumably the same business), they say £31.19...

No mate, not yet anyhow. Does smell a bit Suss, what with having stuff no one else has. Be good if I could find a way of knowing for certain, might try another email, last one could have got lost in spam or whatnot with it being weekend

Chip,

Did you get a response from the guys at tvdvdboxset.co.uk? I tried to buy the box set of The Paper Chase, which I haven't found anywhere else but was put off by the apparent lack of secure transactions. Not only that, the price is listed as £41.50 but if I go to tvwhale.com (identical layout, so presumably the same business), they say £31.19...
tvwhale is given as the parent company in t&c's and says its in usa, if a place that takes your money doesn't reply to your first email (and doesn't display address and contact numbers) don't touch them.

Thanks guys, I think I'll avoid this company, sounds a bit duff. According to whois.com, the domain name tvdvdboxset.co.uk is registered to a guy in Florida and tvwhale.com seems to have been set up in Feb 2012. Add to that the fact that they have stuff noone else's got and at fantastic prices...

Back