Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Accident/injury Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pegasus

I only have public liability insurance.

Seriously considering getting some personal injury insurance for a bit of income just in case....

Anybody got any?

No don't have that, it's good if you always suffer with anything that stops you working or if you are accident prone! Other wise I think it's not worth it, most don't kick in until 3 months has past, doctors note etc

For what they cost against what you get out of them its not worth it. Otherwise we all would have them and they wouldn't make a profit. The best idea is to go to your local building society and open a five year savings plan, one that you have to pay into every month, no choice. I pay in £20 a week

IN AN EMERGENCY you can cancel the scheme and get at the money but you won't just dip into it every time you have a bit of a bad back or a cold. You need to keep a bit back for that.

When the scheme matures in 5 years the money is yours. With an insurance policy its gone forever

For what they cost against what you get out of them its not worth it. Otherwise we all would have them and they wouldn't make a profit. The best idea is to go to your local building society and open a five year savings plan, one that you have to pay into every month, no choice. I pay in £20 a week

IN AN EMERGENCY you can cancel the scheme and get at the money but you won't just dip into it every time you have a bit of a bad back or a cold. You need to keep a bit back for that.

When the scheme matures in 5 years the money is yours. With an insurance policy its gone forever
excelent advice there! why pay it to an insurer when you can pay it to yourself and payout to yourself when you need it

this is the one

and thay stop paying out after short time

All good points.

BUT- what if next week you break your leg and can't work for months on end?? £40 in a bank account aint gonna help.

Depends on your situ, but if you're the bread winner, have rent to pay etc, I think it is worth it and quite sensible to take out.

But that's just my opinion.

Yes by all means if you want to but read the small print very very carefully and be sure what you are paying for. Don't believe the bloke who is selling it to you. You will find clauses like no ladders for example, very common.

Yes by all means if you want to but read the small print very very carefully and be sure what you are paying for. Don't believe the bloke who is selling it to you. You will find clauses like no ladders for example, very common.
Yep very true mate.

Back