Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tube heater to stop freezing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Depends on your definition of lucky. I find the idea of living somewhere rural horrendous.

I like urban life. I have a mainline train station to London, 2 pubs, plenty of shops and restaurants all within ten minutes walk from me and I love it.

Horses for courses and all that ?.

Now, about that pub up the road ??.

Have a great weekend fellow windies. Remember more to life than work ??
PersonallyI I love rural life grew up in the docks don’t miss the hustle bustle anymore ?

Out to see a Bowie tribute act tonight so a couple or more ? 

Depends on your definition of lucky. I find the idea of living somewhere rural horrendous.

I like urban life. I have a mainline train station to London, 2 pubs, plenty of shops and restaurants all within ten minutes walk from me and I love it.

Horses for courses and all that ?.

Now, about that pub up the road ??.

Have a great weekend fellow windies. Remember more to life than work ??
Where we live now is a rural town so few shops, doctors, pubs etc within a few minutes walking distance and a 15-minute bus ride to the city of Durham not far from the A1 motorway so good road links as well, the village I grew up in was really small eventually no shops and 6 mile round trip to get a pint of milk, I guess it depends on how you grew up and what you did me and mates spent hours walking, building shelters in the woods fishing and swimming in the river through the summer I just don't build shelters or fishing anymore ?

Where we live now is a rural town so few shops, doctors, pubs etc within a few minutes walking distance and a 15-minute bus ride to the city of Durham not far from the A1 motorway so good road links as well, the village I grew up in was really small eventually no shops and 6 mile round trip to get a pint of milk, I guess it depends on how you grew up and what you did me and mates spent hours walking, building shelters in the woods fishing and swimming in the river through the summer I just don't build shelters or fishing anymore ?
I grew up on the most southern part of essex along the river Thames Tilbury docks I did love the snooker, boxing clubs and boozers but I also loved breeding my finches,  flying my hawks etc have always been a natureboy as well as a urbanite.

where I live now there as never been a shop in the 20 odd years I lived here  apart from a hydroponic shop that as just open last week there is a village boozer a five minute walk away which can be difficult walking home as there isn’t any street lighting anywhere to be seen but lovely big sky at night as no light pollution.

Got the best of both worlds, 5 minutes in a car and I'm in the city centre, 2 minute walk through the estate and I'm in open countryside.
Sounds almost like when I grew up still it’s only a few minutes drive to SWF to the shops etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Den I don't think I could live that rural again I enjoy being a stranger to most people apart from the ones  I like and having local shops for local people ? (The league of gentlemen) the village I grew up in ended up like Royston Vasey ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back