Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fronts Only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Picking up a lot of work lately and most of it is just fronts only...

Some people just want the fronts cleaning also some people have the garage to get through the back so ill only clean the back if their home so they can let me through

If i charge £7.00 i just charge £4.00 for fronts only and it saves me more time messing with the hose reel plus it takes like 5 mins... i actually love doing fronts but 10% off my work is now fronts only which is decent

Who else likes doing fronts only ?

i c u point m8 but to me its seems when u go to colect money £4 seems cheep as disel an time running around an all that £5 seem wrth the hassel i have a cuppl,e £3 fronts 3 windows takes no time at all but when u driving around colecting £3 seems not wrth it so thats y now £5 min charge

H seems to me more of a numbers merchant and is not that bothered about profit as at the end of the day he just wants a steady wage comming in each month. Which upto a point I can't blame him charging what he does.

Aye I agree with smurf .

H is just interested in how many customers he has and not the value of each one .

He has 338 customers but his round is probably made up of £4 fronts upto an average of £7 for a whole house

Whereas my round is smaller but I don't do anything less then £8 now and soon it will be I won't take anything less than £10 .

I think H should read the winning at window cleaning book and get a better idea of how to run a business rather than just cleaning windows .

But ya can't knock the guy for trying .

Smurf my prices are spot on ! im not low priced mate .... my area up north is cheap as people do 2bedroom houses for £5.00 wfp i charge like £6.00 /emoticons/smile.png

And the fronts i clean for £4.00 are worth it ! WHY IS IT WORTH IT ? cos it takes me about 5 mins to do ! Cleaning fronts is better money then cleanign the full house

3 average £7.00 houses in 1 hour = £21.00

6-8 fronts only per hour = £24.00 - £32.00

i clean this girls fronts only and it takes me like 3 mins to clean..... and i charge her £4.00 i went to collect the money once and her neighbour was sat out the front she goes how muchs he charge u ? she goes 4 kwid she goes bluddy hell ! 4 kwid ! i get my whole house done for 4 quid !

the girls didnt say nothing and shes always a good payer and a pretty canny lass aswell

but £4.00 is my minimum charge regardless /emoticons/smile.png

and Gav my value is spot on mate im happy with my prices and so is the customer and thats the main thing /emoticons/smile.png i know i can charge more and earn more and do less work but i want to be fairly priced thats all /emoticons/smile.png if i was up your way i would probs be averaging about £15.00 a house mate /emoticons/tongue.png

Ive now got 348 customers !

Once i hit 400 customers my round will be worth over £3000 which is very good /emoticons/biggrin.png

need 50 more customers and ill be happy !

Once i hit 400 customers my aim is to get 800 customers with a 2man setup taking £6000 - £7000 per month /emoticons/smile.png

Just work on your numbers and how much u wanna earn per month its no good earning 40 quid an hour.... and only doing a few hours of it ...

U got to have a high monthly income constantly ticking over... the hard part about this is cleaning all them windows which u can get sick off.. especially in the winter but i just think about the money and it motivates me /emoticons/smile.png

ive picked up 10 customers in the past 7 days ! This week i got like 30 new first cleans to do aswell so its going to be a hard week for me !

U must be putting some hours in to be doing all these customers h.

I think u should get someone to help you before winter hits.

You wouldn't want to be losing customers cause your behind.

As much as H has got some aspects of window cleaning a little wrong in many peoples opinion he's doing good for a start up.

My only criticism of H, and I mean only, is that he doesn't listen to advice, even though he say's he does.

I'd not be bothered about customer numbers, as I could get 400 customers tomorrow if I wanted as I'd offer to clean windows free, such a motivation will mean you're more likely to keep prices low to achieve the target.

What matters is price in a job, and if I had a target of say 2000sterling it'd motivate me to give more reasonable prices that reflect my work and the competitive nature of window cleaning.

Good job though H, all houses I do are front and back, nobody has approached me for just a front in about 8years.

I do but i fly through my work when im on form /emoticons/tongue.png lol

And i got a backpack their.... am gonna buy a 36ft brodex pole and put a lad on the backpack n brodex pole... what do u reckon

then after a few months im gonna get a transit van or something with a proper 2 man setup /emoticons/smile.png

I do but i fly through my work when im on form /emoticons/tongue.png lol

And i got a backpack their.... am gonna buy a 36ft brodex pole and put a lad on the backpack n brodex pole... what do u reckon

then after a few months im gonna get a transit van or something with a proper 2 man setup /emoticons/smile.png
Bad idea, carrying so much weight all day he'll quit after an hour.

I'd quit after you told me what I was doing.

and Gav my value is spot on mate im happy with my prices and so is the customer and thats the main thing /emoticons/smile.png i know i can charge more and earn more and do less work but i want to be fairly priced thats all /emoticons/smile.png if i was up your way i would probs be averaging about £15.00 a house mate /emoticons/tongue.png
I doubt it mate not when the average is £8 but by all means come and try it and I can watch you fail lol .

As much as H has got some aspects of window cleaning a little wrong in many peoples opinion he's doing good for a start up.

My only criticism of H, and I mean only, is that he doesn't listen to advice, even though he say's he does.

I'd not be bothered about customer numbers, as I could get 400 customers tomorrow if I wanted as I'd offer to clean windows free, such a motivation will mean you're more likely to keep prices low to achieve the target.

What matters is price in a job, and if I had a target of say 2000sterling it'd motivate me to give more reasonable prices that reflect my work and the competitive nature of window cleaning.

Good job though H, all houses I do are front and back, nobody has approached me for just a front in about 8years.
I work total different compared to other people... i wont clean gutters i wont clean fascias/soffits or consevatories i just offer a monthly window cleaning service thats my only service i offer /emoticons/smile.png people say to me your losing money... well not really becasue im building a strong customer base up and if i ever give up atleast i can sell my round and make good money from it ..... plus cleaning windows can be relaxing.... i remember doing a fascia clean before.... it was hard as and you ahd to put the pole in awkward angles to clean ! and my shoulders were killing me ! and im a pretty big lad aswell lol /emoticons/tongue.png

Most of my houses have no gates so i gotta do fronts only but i actually love fronts only /emoticons/smile.png

masons in january after my insurance has gone down ill be getting a bigger van with a 1000kg payload

and gav thats very good well done , how many customers have u got in total ?

people say to me your losing money... well not really becasue im building a strong customer base up and if i ever give up atleast i can sell my round and make good money from it .....
So, you are losing money.I'm not going to even try to persuade you.

Am not losing money though cos im busy building my round up.... id rather build my customer base up then do extra jobs for a bit of extra pocket money....

I picked up 10 customers in 8 days so i must be doing something right lol

At the end of the day my round is going to be woth minimum 4x the clean plus its constant regular work /emoticons/smile.png like i said i hate doing extra jobs such as fascia cleaning

if u concentrate on 100% regular window cleaning u can make better money /emoticons/wink.png its constant money ticking over.... all u gotta do is make sure u clean your customers houses everytime their due. plus u gotta keep on top of the collecting money etc

20% of my customers now pay by online bacs which is a big improvement for my business /emoticons/smile.png

masons in january after my insurance has gone down ill be getting a bigger van with a 1000kg payload
and gav thats very good well done , how many customers have u got in total ?
You know me H im not a numbers person in the case of how many customers I have or havent got its more about the gross !!

I have built my round and refined it week by week I work 1 week on and 1 week off on a 4 week cycle of 200 customers at my average of £11.76 .

It works for me as I dont want a full time job due to health issues .

Ive got plans though so give it another 12 months Im planning on between 600 and 800 customers but im not going to be working the round someone else will be I will just be canvassing for work and maybe be offering a canvassing service to others too .

So if your average price is over £11.00 n u got over 200 customers u must be on over 2 grand per month, thats good going mate , hope ur plans go well mate

Back