Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water purity clarification

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SeanP

Hi all

First post from me as I've only been at it a few months, hence wanting some advice on this..

Out the tap my TDS meter is reading 145. Now assuming I'm using a new resin - once it goes through my DI resin filter and into the water tank (no RO) I get a a lovely 000 reading. Obviously over time this reading starts to rise and currently I'm getting 084. Now as far as I can see that reading is WAY above what is deemed acceptable, but despite this I'm getting no water marks etc after using this water on windows, they're drying fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Sean.

Hi all
First post from me as I've only been at it a few months, hence wanting some advice on this..

Out the tap my TDS meter is reading 145. Now assuming I'm using a new resin - once it goes through my DI resin filter and into the water tank (no RO) I get a a lovely 000 reading. Obviously over time this reading starts to rise and currently I'm getting 084. Now as far as I can see that reading is WAY above what is deemed acceptable, but despite this I'm getting no water marks etc after using this water on windows, they're drying fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Sean.
If your using resin only I would go twin di at that ppm.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used to clean up to about 005-010 but then I would change the resin. Using two DIs so you can rotate.

I never had an issue at 005-010 I don't think I would run the risk at 80 :eek:.

Some people claim they can clean the glass effectively upto 40 or 50 ppm but I wouldn't believe them.

Go upto about 10 or 15 ppm then change resin. Thats what I do

Hi all

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Sean.
Clean your own windows that get the early morning sun now and have a look from the inside tomorrow morning. I can see spots on our windows at 6ppm, albeit it very faint. So resin gets changed when the reading is 1ppm.

Customer may not notice as they go to work and come back in the dark. But they may see the spots over the weekend. You might be fortunate and they put it down to the weather. On the other hand, they may not.

If you genuinely can't see spots then there could be something amiss with your tds meter.

I can't believe it.

84ppm and no spotting ?

I've seen mine spot at 3 on my windows

I know water composition vary but surely not to that degree.

As soon as I see 001 i change the resin. maybe I could get away with it but I want piece of mind when cleaning that I. m doing a good job and if I ever get a complaint it wolont bebthe waters fault.

Also if you continue to clean the same windows with your water at this level of dissolved solids any faint marks will build up over time and potentially become hard to remove.

Back