Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

600 GPD pre filters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Been using my 600 GPD R.O unit happily for 9 years now without issue. Noticed during the week needed supplies, so ordered resin and pre filters from Gardiners.

Instead of the usual 3 pre filters turning up, just one has been sent that apparently does the job of all 3 :eek:.

So, to put ease on my mind, if anyone uses this, and especially if @Alex Gardiner is available, please can you answer these questions.

1. Does this filter definitely do the same job as the 3 I've always used?

2. Does it last the same amount of time (I usually change every 3 months as I'm Thames water which is sh*t)

3. Does it matter which of the 3 filter casings I put it in?

Thanks in advance if anyone answers /emoticons/smile.png

They are good and i have looked into this

Supposed to last twice as long and they do the job of all 3

You don't need the granulated filter anyway for window cleaning so really it is replaceing the other 2

Hi Steve

1. Yes - some clients in high sediment areas also use a sediment pre-filter before the Fibredyne filter.

2. It should last the same length of time if not longer, depending on what grade of filter you were using previously.

3. It does not matter which you use.

Hi Steve
1. Yes - some clients in high sediment areas also use a sediment pre-filter before the Fibredyne filter.

2. It should last the same length of time if not longer, depending on what grade of filter you were using previously.

Thanks alex

Hi Steve

Your answer (question 1), are you saying I should use a sediment filter as well, or is the single pre filter on its own ok?

Most people do not need to. However if you know that you have high mud/rust content in your water you can use it to protect the fibredyne filter.
Thankyou once again Alex for answering the questions.

After all the years using the same method, its just a bit worrying changing. Still, I suppose I have to move with the times /emoticons/smile.png

Back