Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bins2010

I've got a Facebook page and reading other posts people get a lot of work from it. How do you get it to work for you? Is it all about likes or do you need to advertise on there as well?

I'm new to this Facebook thing!

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

View attachment 7743 There's two things you need to do.

1) get as many likes on your page as possible. If you have 50 likes on your page only 50 people will potentially see your posts. If you have 500 likes on your page that's 500 people who will potentially see your posts.

2) and this is where most of your work will come from. Join all your local selling groups on Facebook. Search for your town name, search for 'buy and sell' etc etc. Then what you need to do is post on each of them from your personal profile and include the link to your business page.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes are nice but not so important.

Getting people to put a review on your fb business page is important, this in turn helps give u ammo when door chapping (ie get url link to business page put on fliers, and you can also mention that all your reviews are five star etc), and reviews also promotes growth through the buy and sell sites. People do read these reviews when looking on buy and sell sites. Also, many others won't advertise there with business page info (simply through their own private pages) , so this gives you an added angle.

Add all your local buy and sell sites, ie type in 'Facebay (area name)', 'buy and sell town name/region name' and type in all town names of areas u wish to cover, many fb groups will show up. Add them all!

Make up a nice intro about your business, with the link to your fb business page (you'll find the business pages url link on its home page). Save this in your phones text message draft folder, and then it's easy to copy and paste onto each selling page. Don't advertise excessively like I did to start with, (or they'll temp ban you too lol) once every two days if about right, or on some selling pages one day and other pages another day

When advertising on these platforms, I always ask if there's a windy in area when they pm me. Makes it easy to highlight areas that are priorities for door chapping, and I also offer a referral deal (ie if they get me another customer I'll do first clean for initial customer at half price, get me more than three paying referrals I'll do first clean free). Often they will ask their neighbours, and so it keeps things compact.

Update your business page a few times before starting to advertise. Ie deals you offer, what you provide and pics of work. Then update the page as you go as well, also handy as those that liked the page will be notified of this (but since they are likely already customers if they liked page that's where it's importance may end.

Getting guys to share your page or certain status is also handy, you don't need to pay fb for targeted audiences (this offer will be presented though) . If you google the Huffington post article on this I think it was, they showed how little impact paid ads on fb really make .

Those who like the posts are either general fb surfers, or are already new customers. If the former then they are right now no more likely to take on services than they were when they robotically liked fifty pages that night. (in my opinion)

Having lots of likes maybe make you look popular, I focus on reviews and maximising sharing of the page though.

another way is to create a few fake online profiles on facebook [mumsy woman? , chavvy colin etc ]

someone posts on facebook "can anyone recommend me a good window cleaner?"

colin then chimes in that YOU are a very good windie . mumsy follows thru

it sounds complicated but isnt in practice . iv only 2 falsies right now [i had 3 but i had to delete frank yallop after the real frank yallop decided he now wanted to be on facebook and didnt like me being coach!]

Aaron who works for british gas and Geri who works in Brisbane right now. these 2 have come to my aid with lovely recommendations from time to time

Last edited:
another way is to create a few fake online profiles on facebook [mumsy woman? , chavvy colin etc ]
someone posts on facebook "can anyone recommend me a good window cleaner?"

colin then chimes in that YOU are a very good windie . mumsy follows thru

it sounds complicated but isnt in practice . iv only 2 falsies right now [i had 3 but i had to delete frank yallop after the real frank yallop decided he now wanted to be on facebook and didnt like me being coach!]

Aaron who works for british gas and Geri who works in Brisbane right now. these 2 have come to my aid with lovely recommendations from time to time
If everyone on here did that you could have a while interchangeable network of people to call upon, a kind of secret society of phantom profiles. If someone leaves a complaint you could have the whole squad destroy her.

Back