Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

As today was rained off I decided to do this to my van...

Trev81

So as it was **** weather today I decided to get a hole cut in my new van as you do, I was looking for a better soloution that sticking in a heater each night it goes cold and slaming a extension cable in the door each time, thought about adding the blow heater option to my webasto as it seemed a great hassle free idea, but at 400 odd quid and the potential to keep cutting in and out all night long on very cold nights I decided no to that. So bought a nice flush fitting external caravan socket for the van to get power into the van at a simple plug in from the outside house socket, then from there to a breaker and a double 240v standard socket, leading to a nice flat wall mounted heater (yet to purchase) which will be on a thermostat. I will take some pics when all done by Wed. There was also a future reason to doing this as well but just the heater for now.

View attachment 5898

I just bought a van. Put a ladder rack on it and it's ready to go. No need to keep it warm or plug it in. I just get in it and off I go to clean some windows

I just bought a van. Put a ladder rack on it and it's ready to go. No need to keep it warm or plug it in. I just get in it and off I go to clean some windows
What works for one or what way one chooses to go in window cleaning may not be the same ethic for another. For me and my business I use a van as I am wfp mostly, along with the other work I use my van for. As for effort, it was no effort at all really and I quite enjoy doing stuff to my van, its my working office and have it how I want it for 'my' business, well nearly anyway.

So did I mate, but the boys with the good systems on a good round have a much easier time than us in the big scheme of things so best not to knock it. As for the people that have 5 customers, yet 10grands worth of pole system, I agree, thats dumb.

I do confess to having been bitten a bit by the equipment bug, not as much as some, there are many on here with great setups, it gets addictive and theres loads you can do to help your workflow and enjoyment out there at work each day /emoticons/smile.png

I dunno tolish. I like it traditional way. Van ladders. 10 litres of water. Van parked in a town centre for 6 hours walking around cleaning shops. Not dragging a hose around and keep moving the van. We're all different I guess

And yes @Markyboy 50 it depends on what type of work you do, I do no town centre type work, mostly domestic affluent estates and full exterior house cleans, and some large commercial. I chose wfp for many a reason, one of which was ability to work faster and clean all windows/frames on a property easily, I bet over half on my books have conservatories, some huge, and the most asked Q I got when taking them on was wow you can actually clean the windows above it? They aint been cleaned since the conny was built. The second most mentioned thing was our last window cleaner never did the frames really, not saying all trad leave the frames but I am just saying that for me and how I work been wfp is the only way for me.

As for dragging a hose, you soon get used to it, bit like you getting used to wearing a big bum bag.

I dunno tolish. I like it traditional way. Van ladders. 10 litres of water. Van parked in a town centre for 6 hours walking around cleaning shops. Not dragging a hose around and keep moving the van. We're all different I guess
You're preaching to the converted mate, I am trad and I love it. But for those that are full WFP the benefits outway the gloryholes.

Don't u do any wfp tolish?
Not at the moment. Fully trad right now but may start with a trolley when I move house, and see from there. Most of my custies have specifically chosen me because I am trad, so my round would need to be at maximum capacity and ready for a backlash before I make any moves. At the moment it doesnt suit my house/van/lifestyle to have water purification/tank setup anyway.

Back