Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cleaned the wrong house today:(

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

The house i was supposed to clean looked very similar. Not sure what to do now. I went back to that house earlier today but no one was in. Hopefully they're happy with my work and will pay me or even make me a regular:(

The house i was supposed to clean looked very similar. Not sure what to do now. I went back to that house earlier today but no one was in. Hopefully they're happy with my work and will pay me or even make me a regular:(
They might already have a windie!

I've done that before. A customer was having a big extension & asked me to leave it for 6 months. Rang me when complete & I went there & cleaned a house 2 doors up. I remember thinking Christ this house has changed. I still see it every time I do the "proper" house.

I've done that /emoticons/smile.png

......and ran for it not seeking any money or contact as I had read a post on here about someone clearing a customers neighbours guttering and coming out £600 out of pocket for the 'damage' he had caused........just takes one ******* (whatever that spells) to try and sue for touching their property without permission.

Have done thay many times as employed, one i cleaned for six months turned out to be the next door neighbour i was supposed to clean lol

Neighbour got free clean the real customer paid and never got clean windows /emoticons/biggrin.png

You can really do nothing about it. Wasted time, move on :thumbsup:

I've actually done that, got upto the window and the cpl where laid in bed and definately ready for action...I started cleaning when my boss shouts your at the wrong house...

10 mins later the bloke came out while I was cleaning next door and asked to be put on the list...happy days. But if I was just 5 mins later I wonder what might I have seen lol

I've actually done that, got upto the window and the cpl where laid in bed and definately ready for action...I started cleaning when my boss shouts your at the wrong house...
10 mins later the bloke came out while I was cleaning next door and asked to be put on the list...happy days. But if I was just 5 mins later I wonder what might I have seen lol
I caught a young couple having serious fun years ago. Took me ages to clean that window. Only time I've seen that in 35 years( at work)

I caught a young couple having serious fun years ago. Took me ages to clean that window. Only time I've seen that in 35 years( at work)
If I peeked through the wrong window at the wrong time down here in Brighton then I have no doubt that I'd be left with some post traumatic 'a window cleaner should never have to see that kinda sh*t' stress........they get up to all sorts down here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had similar, Customer moved house, never told me and I turned up cleaned the place, put the £60 bill through the door and was reeling in hose when a car drew up. I helpfully said, "They are not home at the moment" he said, "I know we have just returned"

He explained they were the new owners and asked me to continue to call and paid for the clean. I just had a lucky day.

I jumped a back gate of a terrace just before xmas, thought to myself thats weird as she normally leaves it open for me, ah well once over I extended the pole up to the top window and was met with a rather angry bloke at the back door "CAN I HELP YOU PAL" he said! **** wrong house oooops, I was 2 doors off the correct one, he saw the funny side in the end and luckily I never cleaned a window there.

Bloody terrace back yards all look the same, I laughed about it that day and thought I cant be the only one thats ever done that lol!

Now it seems I'm not haha

I cleaned the wrong front

Woman watched me through the window and said nothing

I knocked to get her to open the garage to let me through

She says " I think you want Hayley next door"

Cheeky **** let me clean her front for nothing

I cleaned the wrong frontWoman watched me through the window and said nothing

I knocked to get her to open the garage to let me through

She says " I think you want Hayley next door"

Cheeky **** let me clean her front for nothing
Unlucky lol, I bet you felt a rate tool haha

I did

The woman next door runs the facebook group for that area and has got me no end of new jobs

She ****** herself laughing and said what an **** the neighbour is

I did a full gutter clear on a 4 bed detached house, gutters were absolutely full of shite. It was a call I received from someone wanting the full FSG doing and I thought she said she was the neighbour of a house I clean windows for and took the address down. Dutifully went round and cleared the gutters (without looking at the house number), came back round the front and then seen the door number on very light frosted glass No9, I was meant to be at number 8 (which was further up the street!!!!. Bloody raging, but put a card through the door, with a note on the back saying sorry for the mistake but your gutters are now cleared haha! Didn't get any call back, been trying to get them as a customer for a few months, but they've now sold the house so waiting on the new customers getting in!

Latest Posts

Back