Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Watching films......

• Thread starter Solarpanelcleanington
  • Start date
S

Solarpanelcleanington

.....and wondering why everyone holds a torch/flashlight in an overhand technique? No what I mean?

Oh, I know, I know...

Lots of reasons. Big maglites back in the day were (and still are) used as weapons. SO if someone jumps out at you you are in a position to cosh em. Or for a smaller torch, you can use it as a kubotan (search this and you'll see what I mean). ALso, it just makes sense to have your hand up to protect your head like a boxer would.

Great for cops, but for the average guy walking down the street you'll look a muppet./emoticons/biggrin.png

Why not have a torch in one hand and twatting stick in the other?
Because walking with two hands in the air makes you look like a mincer:D

bruno090713_198.jpg

Because they're all weird overpaid pussies

Just got back from Twickenham

Watched the saracens v Worcester and then wasps v london irish

Bloody freezing now

Saracens was a very good game

They make these overpaid footballers look like wusses

Oh, I know, I know...
Lots of reasons. Big maglites back in the day were (and still are) used as weapons. SO if someone jumps out at you you are in a position to cosh em. Or for a smaller torch, you can use it as a kubotan (search this and you'll see what I mean). ALso, it just makes sense to have your hand up to protect your head like a boxer would.

Great for cops, but for the average guy walking down the street you'll look a muppet./emoticons/biggrin.png
I still have my D Cell Maglite. Very useful piece of kit. Also it was already in your hand so no need to fumble about getting out an extendable baton if you needed to protect yourself. Over the years one or two have received a sharp jab from it.

I still have my D Cell Maglite. Very useful piece of kit. Also it was already in your hand so no need to fumble about getting out an extendable baton if you needed to protect yourself. Over the years one or two have received a sharp jab from it.
Yep, me too. As you no doubt know yourself, it is a good weapon for joe public from a liability standpoint as you can just claim "I just heard a noise downstairs and took my torch down to investigate....he jumped out of no where and the maglite just slipped up his ****"./emoticons/biggrin.png

Same reason Shaggy and Scooby always went off one way and Fred went with the girls -

Cos it adds to the suspense

Back