Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark

I live in an area were im sure like yourselves you know fellow windies by name or by there vehicles etc.my point is im going to spend a whole day leafleting 2morrow & then follow it up in a couple of days.the last time I did this I picked up three good priced custies in one road.& loads more work close to me.not many days later I get a call asking me what im doing canvassing this windies work.what was worse it was some one who I considered my mate.he hadn't been for quite a while & I never asked who the previous windy was.him & his brother wanted to know were I was so as to give me a good kicking.it never happened?

Don't worry about them mate. Just Say the Custy came up to you and asked you to do thEm. Alternatively ask them for their address so you can smash their faces in. /emoticons/smile.png

this windy I knew personally.in fact a friend of the family & all that.tbh im done with tiptoeing about.like they say if someones gonna do it theyl do it.i know some who runs an ice cream van & he tells me its even worse!!

Tell him to fkoff, simple. These people that call up to whinge are just gutless, ignore them, and if anything, double your efforts.

tbh if I hadn't followed up after leafleting they would have stuck with him & his brother.they were fed up & wanted some reliable.he took things for granted obviously.

Many years ago when I started, I found knocking each door and informing them in starting a round was far more successful than leafleting. I too got some t****r phoning me telling me to keep off his patch. I arranged a time and a place to meet me and the pr**k didn't even turn up. Just take new work, but don't ever, ever under price local competators. Good luck mark

being reliable will undermine the so-so competition and you will certainly end up with their work once the word gets round . and it will.

My favorites are the ones that phone you up and tell you where they live and they do all the windows there, 'just a warning' when you offer to go round personally so they can give you 'just a warning' they all always back down.

Now I am 6'4 and just under 18st and plenty round here know me so that may work as an advantage I don't know, but the moment you cave in to one, you have to cave in to all.

I am no advocate of violence as many here know (I believe in the right to defend ones self with extreme prejudice) and would never start a fight, I would HONESTLY take a slap or two and then call the boys in blue (that's what my taxes pay for) the largest gang of thugs in the land.

After all getting your competition 3 months for assault simply means that's a shed load more customers that will need a new window cleaner cause they aren't getting cleaned and then there's the rest that need one as they wont have a violent criminal working on their house.

Before you start (Boars, Davey spring to mind /emoticons/tongue.png ) It is not grassing, it is getting value for money from my taxes and using a legally paid for gang to eliminate the competition for me.

(Oooh this one will start a riot, hard hats are optional)

Problem with taking a slap with the intent to call the police is the slap might well contain a blade

Here's the thing. If someone is really gonna harm you, they'll just go and do it, they'll find you and do you. If they ring up and mouth off, then they're full of air, forget them.

And nobody is gonna stab you for taking their customer. Even window cleaners are not that thick :rofl:

I would give them my address and say pop round and we can sort it out.....

Only kind of had this once, not exactly the same but similar, the guy was all big and hard, then he must of done a bit of research and found out who I was etc and his tack changed instantly, he then wanted to take me for a pint???

Problem with taking a slap with the intent to call the police is the slap might well contain a blade

And nobody is gonna stab you for taking their customer. Even window cleaners are not that thick :rofl:
Some may recall from a previous thread I have been stabbed Jim - to the point of serious hospitalization and surgeries just for having an English accent in Scotland mate.

Whilst getting stabbed is not something to be recommended I do not live life fearing every little conflict will turn to this.

99% of all assaults with a blade are survived and the only upside is if that did happen your competitor is looking at years not months and you get all the sympathetic milfs on the round making you tea all year.

Not fearing it is good green especially after you've had direct experience.

in my training I've found it's very difficult to not get slashed if they're serious, it's only a matter of damage limitation. In fact, if they disguise the intent it's 99% impossible to stop

i bleve this was a windie rival

tother year somebody threw summat at lounge window . it was evening time ,curtains shut and it missed window but hit wall. i turned to missus and said "kids ! bloomin throwing snowballs ! "

she replied" but theres no snow outside "

it was an egg

Back