Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP Brush Maintenance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bella Gowrie

Hi there /emoticons/smile.png Just wondering if any of you experts have any tips on how to keep your brush clean and in good shape to get the best job out of it? Thanks!

ive heard soak them in pure overnight.

Ive never looked after mine, never clean it, chuck it on the floor and in back of van, rest it on brickwork. I just pick pole up clean windows and lob it in van, any bits stuck in it will soon rinse out on the next house

Think it was Gardiner that recomend Soaking in pure - well it does Bugger all

Soak in UBIK 5 min then blast with garden hose pipe - comes out beaut

I have a comb for dog grooming in my pocke when working. Those mingers with loads of spider nests and webs are a pain. Easy to comb them out.

Otherwise brushes are cleaned same way as applicators. Rinsed in Ubik solution then blasted clear with garden hose.

One thing you don't want to touch with a brush even in the slightest, is bird repellent gel. It's used to repel pigeons and the like. I came across it once. A local council had put in on a customers window ledge in 2-3 inch wide shallow pots. I accidentally caught a few bristles of my brush in it as I made a pass along the bottom of the window. It nearly ruined the brush. It was so sticky it got everywhere as I was trying to get it out. Had to switch out the brush and clean it at home, which was not mean feat believe me. I nearly threw it away as it was almost not worth the effort.

Cool, thanks for all the replies and advice! Just been having a few problems with the occasional water spots left here and there and trying to eliminate them. Only seems to be a problem with certain types of glass, but if everything is as clean as possible then hopefully any marks won't be too noticeable.

I soak mine in ubik & warm water for a hour or so and use a old comb to brush through, come out great, some just abuse them & leave **** stuck in them, but once they start scratching windows they might start looking after them /emoticons/smile.png

Back