Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New and just starting out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

an R.O with d.i resin vessel built in is fine, its what i use, just select the size you will need i use a 100gpd R.O which will do about 400-500l in 24 hour which is fine for me.

I also have twin d.i setup that i used to use, i dont need it now but its there if i need water quick and havent got time to wait for the R.O which hasnt happened yet

lots of people who use that type of R.O fill a storage tank then buy a submersible pump to transfer to tank on your van. I dont bother doing it that way i run the R.O on a timer straight into my van tank and gauge how long to run it for to fill tank enough for the next day. I have a 500l tank but tend to keep t topped up to around 350L

I have a gardiner back pack with ez snap female fitting cost £90.00 + vat good bit of kit with a clx 22 wfp with all fittings and pipework including super-lite medium mixed quicklock brush with pencil jets cost £128.00 + vat postage included for both items ideal start up package i think gardiner poles along with there brushes are the best on the market at the moment the more you pay for one of there poles the lighter and more rigid they get but the clx 22 is a good starter pole for the money when i ordered mine i received it the next day, also if you are in a hard water area like me i would seriously recomend that you to get a water softener kit and some regeneration salt from pure freedom this will increase the life of your carbon block pre-filters and ro membrane but always remember to disconnect the softener from system when salt flushing and run to waste for about 30-40 mins before reconnecting to system as the salt will bugger your ro membrane and di resin. You can get di vessles and di resin from gardiners or pure freedom

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
as much use for what you want as a chocolate teapot put your £80 towards a merlin prf ro at least to start with

I think you might struggle to keep up with your water usage on 50GPD RO, if you I suggest you try to stretch to at least a 200GPD. As the guys have already mentioned if you can go DIY route it will be cheaper.
I agree. You don't want to scrimp on water production. Water is the basic requirement to do the job. If you haven't enough then you can't earn. Personally I would go to 300GPD, preferably 450GPD. That will give you sufficient to work all day doing tops and bottoms wfp. (Wfping tops and doing the bottoms trad is a great way of saving water. However, I couldn't do it as I couldn't reach the tops of the windows and need steps anyway as I'm short, so wfping bottoms as well was a no brainer for me.)

We bought a clean, used IBC tank (1000 liters) for processing water into for storage and a pump to transfer it into the van/vans. It makes it so much easier and quicker that trying to fill 25 liters containers directly from the r/o which takes hours.

Definitely looking to order a gardiner backpack now instead. Just confused as to what connectors to choose when it asks? Asks what connectors i want on back pack and on pole? Am i being stupid?

I understand that the link to the RO system wont produce enough for what i need but will that do what i need? If so I'll get one with higher gpd. The diy route is looking a bit complicated lol

Definitely looking to order a gardiner backpack now instead. Just confused as to what connectors to choose when it asks? Asks what connectors i want on back pack and on pole? Am i being stupid?
I understand that the link to the RO system wont produce enough for what i need but will that do what i need? If so I'll get one with higher gpd. The diy route is looking a bit complicated lol
you need a EZ SNAP END STOP on the backpack & a EZ Snap tail on the pole hose also a in line tape is useful to stop the water flow rather than keep turning backpack of at switch as for the RO the Merlin ro is about the cheapest reliable unit around £300 producing up tp 2600 ltrs per day depending on the water pressure & water temperature at your tap or mains supply i use one and can produce around 1000 ltrs in 8-10 hours starting from around the 318ppm at the supply down to 008ppm after ro & 000ppm after di but i do run a softener between the supply and the ro hope this helps if your still not sure give Alex Gardiner a call and he will put you rite

Latest Posts

Back