Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump problem I think

Adam curtis

Can't get my head around it working away and then get no water nothing coming from pump so gone and bought a new one connected it set cal and flow alworking then after 3 windows again no water go back to the van controller is saying dead end unclip hose from hose reel no water coming out still turn if off then on pump starts working get back to pole again no water undo out let one pump water sprays out back to pole all working do the next house same again now can't get water to pump just saying dead end any ideas I've been using it for 18 months no problem till now driving me mad [emoji35]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ya battery is on 12.6 just tryed the other controller on the second pump and it looks like it's fine left it on dead end for 5 mins and all worked put my controller pressure died then pump kicked in then left on d3 for 5 mins and again no water looks like it is probably the controller my be it wasn't the pump after all but it's strange I'll have to order one any recommendations on controller tuffers I've got a digital on at the mo not shore weather to get a verystream pump as u wire up and off u go save messing around with the calibration

Try disconnecting the pole hose from the reel hose and see if that works. If the flow works after doing that the problem will be somewhere past the reel hose ie somewhere on the pole hose.

Always double check fittings and hose(s) and disconnect hose from pump to reel and run it up to flat out to ensure no air that also includes in the hose

As for controller I had a streamline controller for just over 5 years and it started playing up once in a while , So I switched it for a digital Liquid Logic from Gardiners which was a simple switch over on my pump box as they were the same size with the bolts through the back in the same place but I assume they were both made by www.springltd.co

Well that's tipical bought new pump new controller and it looks like a connection issue after all put new controller on and it was flashing with L which means low power but the battery is on 12.6 so play with connection and as if by magic all working fine I haven't retried old ones but looks like one of the connections was lose but hay ho a lesion learnt at least I have a spairs

Back