Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to start out using the WFP in my Car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Here's two with the setup in my car
Boot_02_1.jpg

992c0f41-2eb8-4b1b-95f0-34fc8e429c1f.jpg
Looks good mate, I like the headrest idea [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've posted on this before. I've worked from the back of a Nissan Primera for nine and a half years and currently have no plans to buy a van. The car does everything I need it to even though we have a separate family car. However, I use a Pure Freedom trolley. I carry 8 barrels of water in the car. Six in the boot with the trolley and two in the car (footwells). My trad tools are in a large plastic box on the rear seat for the rare occasion I need them. Two poles go over the front passenger seat. I've made a rest for the poles that fits in the holes that the headrest leaves when it's removed.I have a static system for purifying my water in a cabin in my garden and can also heat my water as I transfer it to my barrels when I need to using an lpg heater.
Fantastic Marko.

It is a complete myth you need a van to work from. We all have different circumstances and prefer different travel/carrying forms. I had come across snobs with vans at the water depot where I collect water from, telling me they earn x amount and I need a van I can earn more,when I have worked my round well and actually earn more than them, also my expenses are less, no finance on a van and no extra second vehicle to keep running and on the road and all that goes with it, so costs are a lot less already(money saver).

I collect 000ppm water form a depot, I have barrels in my car all set up where I don't have to pull out to fill water up I just fill up when they in the car. I have a Gardiner back pack and facelift carbon pole and decent brush with 70m hose with a ultra small wind up just the right size so it reals in easy as in seconds. I park up at house pull back pack out fill it up 22L just place it behind car so no moving it around literally pull out boot put on floor and turn it on and pull uni valve. Go to front clean house walk round back clean house, walk out within 1 minute I am packed and going to ext job. I have friends whom have vans and I am equal quicker if not faster with my set up, no difference at all.

One thing my friends 6k van set up has a delivery system as the same as mine, same pole and brush and same 00ppm so the end product of delivery of water to window is EXACT same, no one is faster or quicker, but my costings a re lower and my car is more comfy lol.

The only thing that we worked out is better in our work loads is that he can take more water, but my water depot is smack in the middle of my work radius so I nip back and fill up and away again, not to fused on time that takes as I do 16 houses a day OK not as many as the suer heroes doing 20 odd but again my circumstance are that 180-200 a day is fine for me.

So I feel what ever suits a cleaner is the path they will come to when looking at it all in set up terms, costings, time saving, easy of work etc.

Love my job love my car and such an easy efficient set up. I have spill trays fitted in boot that pull out and load away end of day also for rear seats and foot wells, all my tools bits and bobs are in my bucket and a holder I brought, its all set out smart and clean. Pole fits in from back of boot to rest down side of front seat near door and fixed in. I would make no real gains getting a van other than extra costs and another vehicle to worry about.

Also regards commercial work I am picking up schools and large buildings of all various usage and doing well with another cleaner I team up with, so th cars don't have a negative impact as opposed to turning up in a signed van, I think it puts most people off, they feel the price will be high etc and usually **** jobs done as franchised out so not their own business and we are picking off work from the large companies and getting amazing feedback. It is all there to be had in a car set up if done correct and fits your circumstances.

Great to read a post with others using cars an enjoying it. Good luck to you and if people say "oh get a van" just ignor it as if it works for you then your happy and thats what counts, but most important is that you do a great job and have a full round where all your customers love your work and attitude, you wont lose! We are window cleaners, thats it lol, not about impressing with a van and lastest 1000 set ups to clean a bloody house they want a hard working cleaner whom does a great job with great communication, the end product remember from brush to glass is 000ppm regards if you spent 10k or 500 pounds to get that.

I work out of an old Outlander , Have had vans in the past but get just as much work done with car and backpack with bonus of emptying boot and got car back if needed .Like set up with pole rack Marko what I have used is a length of square drain pipe and drilled 4 holes in it then thread 2 cable ties in holes leaving a nice big loop that stem of head rest slides over

Nothing wrong with working out of a car at all I did so trad and then wfp up until close to 6 years ago now then switched to a L200 pickup and as Mr Clean said if you are giving your best in every aspect of your business that is very key thing(s) that matter most not your vehicle .

Their is no doubt plenty of lads across the UK are working from vans and cars providing a mediocre service .

Fantastic Marko.
It is a complete myth you need a van to work from. We all have different circumstances and prefer different travel/carrying forms. I had come across snobs with vans at the water depot where I collect water from, telling me they earn x amount and I need a van I can earn more,when I have worked my round well and actually earn more than them, also my expenses are less, no finance on a van and no extra second vehicle to keep running and on the road and all that goes with it, so costs are a lot less already(money saver).

I collect 000ppm water form a depot, I have barrels in my car all set up where I don't have to pull out to fill water up I just fill up when they in the car. I have a Gardiner back pack and facelift carbon pole and decent brush with 70m hose with a ultra small wind up just the right size so it reals in easy as in seconds. I park up at house pull back pack out fill it up 22L just place it behind car so no moving it around literally pull out boot put on floor and turn it on and pull uni valve. Go to front clean house walk round back clean house, walk out within 1 minute I am packed and going to ext job. I have friends whom have vans and I am equal quicker if not faster with my set up, no difference at all.

One thing my friends 6k van set up has a delivery system as the same as mine, same pole and brush and same 00ppm so the end product of delivery of water to window is EXACT same, no one is faster or quicker, but my costings a re lower and my car is more comfy lol.

The only thing that we worked out is better in our work loads is that he can take more water, but my water depot is smack in the middle of my work radius so I nip back and fill up and away again, not to fused on time that takes as I do 16 houses a day OK not as many as the suer heroes doing 20 odd but again my circumstance are that 180-200 a day is fine for me.

So I feel what ever suits a cleaner is the path they will come to when looking at it all in set up terms, costings, time saving, easy of work etc.

Love my job love my car and such an easy efficient set up. I have spill trays fitted in boot that pull out and load away end of day also for rear seats and foot wells, all my tools bits and bobs are in my bucket and a holder I brought, its all set out smart and clean. Pole fits in from back of boot to rest down side of front seat near door and fixed in. I would make no real gains getting a van other than extra costs and another vehicle to worry about.

Also regards commercial work I am picking up schools and large buildings of all various usage and doing well with another cleaner I team up with, so th cars don't have a negative impact as opposed to turning up in a signed van, I think it puts most people off, they feel the price will be high etc and usually **** jobs done as franchised out so not their own business and we are picking off work from the large companies and getting amazing feedback. It is all there to be had in a car set up if done correct and fits your circumstances.

Great to read a post with others using cars an enjoying it. Good luck to you and if people say "oh get a van" just ignor it as if it works for you then your happy and thats what counts, but most important is that you do a great job and have a full round where all your customers love your work and attitude, you wont lose! We are window cleaners, thats it lol, not about impressing with a van and lastest 1000 set ups to clean a bloody house they want a hard working cleaner whom does a great job with great communication, the end product remember from brush to glass is 000ppm regards if you spent 10k or 500 pounds to get that.
Thanks mate for that, sounds as if your doing great out of your car fairplay, nice an simple, im going to do the same as you.

So you buy your water of a company, never heard that before, whats the prices? Sounds like a good idea, atb

Alex Gardiner started off using a car.

One of the things you have to be careful about is keeping the insides of the car dry. A damp, moldy car smells awful. So as @Marko067 advises you must have spill trays in the back so these catch and contain any spilt water.

Alex Gardiner started off using a car.
One of the things you have to be careful about is keeping the insides of the car dry. A damp, moldy car smells awful. So as @Marko067 advises you must have spill trays in the back so these catch and contain any spilt water.
I also use rubber car mats to stop any water that might drip from my poles getting into the carpets and remove anything wet from the car each evening especially in summer

Thanks mate for that, sounds as if your doing great out of your car fairplay, nice an simple, im going to do the same as you.
So you buy your water of a company, never heard that before, whats the prices? Sounds like a good idea, atb
Yes, to me there is very little difference in a van to car, both delivery to to each address and both hold pure water, the only gain I find is the amount of water, but where I am based I can get water quick and be back out. I dont have the hassle of making it either when I home thats it. I get water a set rate and I can take what I like, its a fantastic deal and I am more than happyto pay the price for ease of use and saving me hassle of making it all. Ijust feel the set up and working practice can not be beaten by much in getting a van. I can park up and start cleaning just as quick as a van user and pack up same time wise if not better. I just dont have the 2nd vehicle costs etc. I have friends whom have vans and they agree its as quick as a van in use and nothing much in it just the amount i take 220l in car and mate has 350 but I pop back depot and fill up and away ithin 30 mins back out.

Loving it in my car and its comfy lol!!! Making good money and no overheads rent of van paying of for it etc or franshise. All a myth and the typical **** I get form other cleaners "you need a van mate do more work" err no im full up capacity and do enough work what I want to do and am more than happy. Such an easy job pull out back pack leave by car and away cleaning. Good luck with your set up, I still looking for ideas on set up inside car allways truing to improve.

Yes, to me there is very little difference in a van to car, both delivery to to each address and both hold pure water, the only gain I find is the amount of water, but where I am based I can get water quick and be back out. I dont have the hassle of making it either when I home thats it. I get water a set rate and I can take what I like, its a fantastic deal and I am more than happyto pay the price for ease of use and saving me hassle of making it all. Ijust feel the set up and working practice can not be beaten by much in getting a van. I can park up and start cleaning just as quick as a van user and pack up same time wise if not better. I just dont have the 2nd vehicle costs etc. I have friends whom have vans and they agree its as quick as a van in use and nothing much in it just the amount i take 220l in car and mate has 350 but I pop back depot and fill up and away ithin 30 mins back out.

Loving it in my car and its comfy lol!!! Making good money and no overheads rent of van paying of for it etc or franshise. All a myth and the typical **** I get form other cleaners "you need a van mate do more work" err no im full up capacity and do enough work what I want to do and am more than happy. Such an easy job pull out back pack leave by car and away cleaning. Good luck with your set up, I still looking for ideas on set up inside car allways truing to improve.

p.s. the water depot is in a container and is a supplier to local window cleaners used heavily. great place and 000ppm water on tap easy to get and great service

Nothing wrong with working out of a car at all I did so trad and then wfp up until close to 6 years ago now then switched to a L200 pickup and as Mr Clean said if you are giving your best in every aspect of your business that is very key thing(s) that matter most not your vehicle .
Their is no doubt plenty of lads across the UK are working from vans and cars providing a mediocre service .
Spot on!!! I worked it all out for me and what I need. I came to the same result, car was just as good, no betetr for me than getting a van I could get one tomorrow but dont want to. I feel there are alot of cleaners out there feeling they need a van and pay lots of money on them. I also am at the fact that customers prefer a more down to earth guy with great pride in his work and proven than a company van looking all swish, windo cleaning is about relations and personality and likeability, not trying to look over the top. I biult a full round capacity full in a year and ru n out of a car outstripping friends whom use vans.

Back