Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do You Use Twitter For Your Window Cleaning Business

Twitter doesn't work so well for local businesses but there is a neat little trick you can pull...

Set up your profile, add some pictures, get a few followers from friends, family, etc.

Once your profile looks a bit more established, find local businesses (or people but they're harder to find) and Follow them. The default setting is that these people will receive an email telling them that someone new is following them. This email will contain your profile description, web link, etc.

This is a slightly targeted approach so you need to actively look for businesses that you want to do business with. This will also get you some extra exposure across Twitter!

I'd recommend totally exhausting Facebook before you focus too hard on Twitter though.

and if so and you have a website do you link it to your site?
A twitter feed is the best thing you can get on your website but it has to be integrated correctly to make the most from it. For example, don't embed it using an iframe as this wont help your SEO. Lots of WordPress plugins do this so try to avoid them. The twitter API is really good if you want to get knee deep in code!

A twitter feed is the best thing you can get on your website but it has to be integrated correctly to make the most from it. For example' date=' don't embed it using an iframe as this wont help your SEO. Lots of WordPress plugins do this so try to avoid them. The twitter API is really good if you want to get knee deep in code![/quote']Sounds good..

Love twitter, picked up 2 commercial jobs, 3-4 domestic, couple of gutters, and domestic cleaning jobs for my misses, just having the right connections to share it with and for them to share it to!

Ive linked my facebook and twitter up together so when I update facebook it does my twitter automatically, quite handy. I also find everyone finds me on twitter but not always on facebook.

Ive also put f.b and twitter on my web page and glad I did as people would never of found that otherwise, so its worked for me.

Ive linked my facebook and twitter up together so when I update facebook it does my twitter automatically, quite handy.
That's exactly what I tell my clients to do. It saves having to post on Facebook and then tweeting it as well!

What I sometimes also do is delete the twitter duplicate and do a #tag version of the message, using key words #windowcleaning that sort of thing.

I Tend to attract more business people on twitter than on fb

I see a lot of people that have the setup the other way around so when they tweet, it posts to Facebook automatically. Which is fine but when they add hash tags to their tweets, these get sent to Facebook as well. Really annoys me when people use hash tags on Facebook!lol

Started doing facebook ads for my facebook page last night thats only £1 a day hitting 33,000 people Ill do that for 2 weeks see if it drives my traffic up.

You can also get stats on your twitters performance

Started doing facebook ads for my facebook page last night thats only £1 a day hitting 33,000 people Ill do that for 2 weeks see if it drives my traffic up.
please let me know how this goes for you, I've been thinking about it for months lol

Also does a hash tag have to be one word?
It doesnt have to be one word you can #tag whole sentences. Ill keep you posted on how my fb adverts are going. Im only doing the £1 a day option so not expecting miracles

the idea of a hash tag is to high light key phrases that people might type in to find a particular subject so can be anything, but may not necessarilly be linked to what your saying heres my twitter address @whizzbizzsales. Follow me and Ill follow you back

Ohh very nice excellent job top class fandabby dozzy

you still charge £1200 upfront so nah

I am on twitter only on a personal account.

I do what Whizz-Bizz does and connected my facebook page with my twitter account, so if I post a status it goes to my twitter too.

Back