upvc cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by ag window cleaning, Aug 8, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi guys
    Need your help on priceing a upvc cleaning job they only want there window and door frames doing the house has the following from the front has 2 bay Windows, bathroom, window, hall window. side of the house landing window. Round the back one bedroom window has ot had a conservatrie. I would say £60 what would you say
  2. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    Its very hard just to clean the frames,I would say that it is a fair price but you will need to wash the glass.
  3. Hi nearlyclean I would wag the glass after I have done the frames
  4. MathewL

MathewL Guest

I would take little less maybe 55.
  5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Would depend on size of conservatory, and am assuming this is a one off - in which case £60 seems fair, maybe even a bit more depending how filthy they are.

6. Hi flipfast I am just doing the house they don't want the conservatory doing
  7. kars

kars Guest

whats wagging???
  8. wmwcs

wmwcs Guest

I guess my first question is how are you cleaning the upvc. Is the a "proper" clean with upvc cleaner of just a wipe over?

Mentioned there is:

2 bay windows
    Bathroom window
    Hall window
    Landing window
    Bedroom window
    ??? conservatory

Is there a conservatory? I'm not clear if you are saying they have not got one or have.
    Is there another bedroom window? can't see there being just one bedroom window.

If there is a conservatory you are at best giving a very fair price and probably undercharging.

You will have to clean all the window glass. This is part of the process. You cannot get the cleaner off the windows without a usual WFP clean.

I would say you are undercharging here.
    Cleaning upvc well - the word here is well, is not a quick job. We often do the drain pipes and fascias. They are plastic in many cases. Clean upvc frames and grotty fascia and downpipes looks daft.

Do some upselling.

Cleaning a conservatory roof on its own is usually charged out and paid at £30 for starters. A whole house can come in at a few hundred quid. It might sound a lot but it is not a quick job. Windows might be easy to clean with a pole but you try to get right up to them to hand clean the upvc. Just last week we turned down a £300 upvc job because we would not have been able to do it to our standard and one of the upstairs windows and the far side of part of the conservatory were plain dangerous to do properly (even with a proper conservatory ladder).
  9. I think, Most people go for UPVC windows because they need little maintenance. The main thing to remember is to clean the UPVC with only soapy water and a sponge.
  10. kars

kars Guest

again sorry whats wagging??