Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Rinse? Nec Cleaning Show

WCF

Help Support WCF:

best

went to the cleaning show at the NEC and spoke to IONICS, they said when you rinse you do not need to take the Brush off the glass, just zig zag down the glass with the brush still touching. :unsure:

This does not seem right to me.

How do you rinse?

does any one do it like IONICS? :unsure: If so what brush do you use?

Biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard! There is no way i would rinse like that! You will bound to get bits flick of the brush doing it that way! Dreadful advice! I always take the brush of the glass to rinse, much safer that way!

The person who told you that, do they actually have experience as a water fed pole window cleaner?

Ive used an ionics brush for about 2 years. I was told the same tried it out a few times never had any complaints or marks left on the windows but still take the brush off to rinse just to make sure.

Depends on the glass really, some it will work very well, but others not so good. With my hot system some windows end up dry straight away some don't. It's different for all types of glass so wrong to say that the way to do it. Or they trying to sell more courses to find out where you are going wrong.

There is no correct way or wrong way many cleaners do rinse on the glass i do, its the way i was taught, how would you rinse of the glass @60ft?

certain brushes are designed to wash on the glass especially at height If you look at gardeners site for example I am sure it says which ones are good for this I personaly keep my brush of the glass.

Lol at some of these comments.

I've been rinsing on the glass for over two years and not had a complaint for over a year.

ive always rinsed on the glass, first with a vikan then brodex & for last 2 yrs gardiners sill brushes & never had a complaint. i didn't know flocked/unflocked existed untill i started with gardiners, as they say each to his own but i know which was is faster :blink:

Back