Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iain kinnell

Hi any advice on roof cleaning without a pressure washer we started a job for a customer yesterday and scraped by hand and is looking amazing as was covered in moss.

However I want to spray something on it after to keep the moss at bay.

Any suggestions please

Many thanks

read somewhere you apply a line of aluminium sulphate on the roofline peak of roof

Hi any advice on roof cleaning without a pressure washer we started a job for a customer yesterday and scraped by hand and is looking amazing as was covered in moss.However I want to spray something on it after to keep the moss at bay.

Any suggestions please

Many thanks
I have a load of roofs that could be done - what did you scrape with ? I wondered can you get a VERY stiff brush for WFP

I have a load of roofs that could be done - what did you scrape with ? I wondered can you get a VERY stiff brush for WFP
Keep in mind that any brush you use will likely be fooked after cleaning a roof as tiles are very abrasive. A dutch hoe and a guaging trowel were my weapons of choice when I did a roof and they worked great.

Keep in mind that any brush you use will likely be fooked after cleaning a roof as tiles are very abrasive. A dutch hoe and a guaging trowel were my weapons of choice when I did a roof and they worked great.
What off ladder - with a roof hook over ridge ?

What off ladder - with a roof hook over ridge ?
Yep. I made a thread on here ages back which might help you out. Its the only one I ever done, plenty to learn from for next time and may save you some bother.

Yep. I made a thread on here ages back which might help you out. Its the only one I ever done, plenty to learn from for next time and may save you some bother.
Ok al see if I can find it ..

Back