Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The trouble with Shazia Fadiq.......

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I get a FB request to go and do a quotation...

I arrive at the 4 bedroom detached property with small extension and look up at the gutters all four sides of which look brand new.

I ask the lady (Shazia ((AKA MRS BARTERER)) why she thinks she needs the gutters cleaning?

She leads me to the front room and shows me a serious patch of damp on the wall and says there must be an issue with the pipes.

I look outside and see no leaks or downpipe on the corner where the damp is, what I do see is an firsst floor extension on the neighbours with a roof sloping toward Mrs Fadiqs property and only a 12 inch gap between the two buildings, problem is the guttering on the extension is ffitted too low so does not catch the water, it just runs off on to Mrs Fadiqs wall and causes damp.

Just saved her the price of a gutter clean and found the source of her damp AND pointed out it's the neighbors insurance that will be paying to rectify the issue. All round Mr nice guy me. /emoticons/smile.png

How much for the windows regular? she asks.

£16 (cheap for property) per 4 weeks for windows, frameworks, sills and doors, I reply.

Oh, that much? Any discounts? she asks.

I'm sorry, you called the wrong company, you want cheap, not quality, and the price I gave you was cheap already, thanks for your time, you need to call someone else. Says me.

Oh no, when can you do them? She asks.

You don't understand Mrs Fadiq, I am not going to do them, I do not want your business, it's not the job for me.

She looked perplexed as I smiled and said goodbye to her kids and got in my van.

Yet another definite future headache skillfully avoided /emoticons/smile.png)

Latest Posts

Back