Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning Training Course To Be Held 11th July 2015

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to comment on this.

I feel the same as @daveyboy1 on this.

And he has let me down in the past????

ive done two country houses big enough and have contacted a sales company for solar panels and he said u only get hurt if u break on open and spray water on it lol

Tolish! All I have to say is LMFAO!!

Question - I see the words 'Sub-contractors' bandied about a lot' so by my reasoning, I pay you my £240 - put on your t-shirt and then all Solar panel cleaning contracts acquired by Clean Solar Solutions in the Nottinghamshire area are mine? after all I clean windows all over the Nottinghamshire area so I consider that my territory.

I think that seems fair. After all you have already stated you wont 'train' anyone else in my 'area'

BTW Steve. As a 'subcontractor' I will also need a copy of the main contractors (Clean Solar Solutions) Liability Insurance that covers me as your sub at your expense. It's almost worth that fee now! /emoticons/tongue.png

well that course got well advertised.../emoticons/biggrin.png

actually...I dont know why steve doesnt just franchise the areas out and throw the course and certificate in to the franchise holders.

to balance the argument back a bit steves way...someone has to be first to offer the course and also people are free to buy or not to buy...

and in true dragons den....Im out../emoticons/biggrin.png

and in true dragons den....Im out../emoticons/biggrin.png

Well as CNC is out I will make an offer - 95% of the business for £10. - I don't want to hear from you or see you except to collect my money each month. I will give you no mentoring or support. I will expect you to do all the work and deal with all the agro and at the monthly staff meeting (at a restaurant of my choice) you will be expected to pick up the tab. And no, the percentage is not negotiable!

i can see were he is comng from getting a fair price across uk for cleaning panels but.... u dont need to charge to train people or **** about

get everyone on board and price the same do whole uk and most of all dont charge us to join lol

So you want to charge £238.80 to train subcontrators that will be working for you that you are obliged to do for free and if they don't promote your company nor work for you they have to hand back their training cert as well.
Nice try ...You must be having a ******* laugh steve :laugh:
Smurf, I will start at the top and work my way down these comments. I might be up late tonight, but it's worth it.

So far, 6 people are coming on the course and it has only been advertised for a matter of hours. SOME out there think this is worthwhile. I welcome the controversy because I know that who pays their money and comes are those who are genuinely interested in making this work.

I am not obliged to pay for subcontractors training or do it for free. That's like me saying I can subcontract for an electrician, when he knows I can't do the job, then me expecting him to train me. Ridiculous.

Regarding the price, it's a bargain. One Derby-based subcontractor who is coming on the course earned £1,800.00 in a week only a fortnight ago, him and his employee. £900.00 per man subcontracting seems a fare wage to me. After he comes on the course, we are very close to securing another 2 sites in his catchment area. If we get them, and I'm pretty sure we will, it will mean about £22K to him. Why will I be confident he will do a good job and not be electrocuted in the process, because he will know EVERYTHING I know about cleaning safely and quickly from the day course. Ask him if £238.80 is a rip off. I doubt it.

Regarding the certificate, why should I allow people to trade under my brand, when they no longer do work for me? You think Herbalife allow people to sell products after they finish working for Herbalife? Me neither. It's about brand protection, nothing more.

And no, it's not a laughing matter...

If there's no other certified solar panel cleaning courses available in the UK, then who trained you Steve? :whistle:
If there was training available, I would be at the front of the queue and be willing to pay top dollar for it too. I know what this industry is worth now and will be worth in the future.

I have nearly 20 years cleaning experience, 6 years of private research and over 3 years mingling in the solar industry with some of the most qualified solar engineers in the country, who in turn work for some of the biggest installers in the UK. Couple that with giving seminar parts for half hour at at time, including Q&A sessions at national solar events and yes, I'd say I'm pretty well qualified to speak on the subject without being officially trained.

Not only does the industry say there is a risk, they want solar panel cleaning to be REGULATED because they know window cleaners are putting themselves at risk everyday cleaning panels. So that's what we will be looking to do in the future. They want me on board to help make regulation happen.

Times will change with this I'm afraid guys. You will not be allowed to clean panels willy nilly in years to come....

Steve,, as they say you have two hopes and Bob is dead! You think you are going to 'regulate' the cleaning of Solar Panels? Perhaps on commercial 'farms' but never on residential.

Just look at window cleaning as an example, you 'by law' have to have liability insurance to clean windows. For every Windy that does I can point to 10 that don't and you think they are going to pass up some extra solar panel cleaning cash just because some bunch of chaps who want to control the purse strings say it's now regulated?

You talk of the risk (driving round Birmingham is a risk) Can you point me to references material of 'serious injury' / 'fatality' cause whilst cleaning solar panels?

there are guys on here been asking for advice on cleaning these panels , me for one

i just dont get this at all

every one on here has gave advice on all topics no problems at all helping each other out

that is why this forum is so successful.

folk are concerned about the safety of these panels, yet steve is not sharing this info

rant over

i,ve asked sparky,s all said ok

"All attendees will leave with a solar panel cleaning training certificate. While it is not going to be an ‘offically’ accredited certificate of training, it will still put money in my back pocket leaving you with a worthless certificate which you don't own and you get to advertise my company with no cost to me"
Must think we're all zipped up the back
Partnerships have to be symbiotic. Clean Solar Solutions Ltd have a much better chance of getting the contracts than Mr Window Cleaner. That's what we do. But we need Mr Window Cleaner to help us get the big jobs done. But we need to know Mr Window Cleaner is up to the task. That's all this is about.

The cost to me is the sharing of knowledge. Knowledge carries value, no matter what industry you are in. Consultants can command huge fees for what they know and the right people pay the huge fees because they see value for their company...

£199.00 is not a huge fee...

Tuffers sticking his hand up at the back of the class here. What if I fail the course :confused: Do I still get my certificate?

Partnerships have to be symbiotic. Clean Solar Solutions Ltd have a much better chance of getting the contracts than Mr Window Cleaner. That's what we do. But we need Mr Window Cleaner to help us get the big jobs done. But we need to know Mr Window Cleaner is up to the task. That's all this is about.
The cost to me is the sharing of knowledge. Knowledge carries value, no matter what industry you are in. Consultants can command huge fees for what they know and the right people pay the huge fees because they see value for their company...

£199.00 is not a huge fee...
Load of ******! We all share info on this forum and the other one. All you do is cream the cream mate!

you fight your corner well steve.../emoticons/biggrin.png

tuffers you will go on the naughty step...for making me laugh this near bedtime...

cant stop laughing...What if I fail the course :confused: Do I still get my certificate?

Partnerships have to be symbiotic. Clean Solar Solutions Ltd have a much better chance of getting the contracts than Mr Window Cleaner. .
How to come across as an arrogant *****! I will wage £50 we bid for the same contracts and you'll be the one playing x-box whilst I am busy cleaning Solar Panels.!

I'll tell you what Steve. If cleaning solar panels is so dangerous and could possibly electrocute someone that hasn't got your vast experience, then why don't you do everyone a favour and tell us how we are supposed to clean them and in the process save a life or two?
What ya reckon Steve, good idea?
General Motors first installed the airbag in cars, a device which has saved many lives over the years. Did Mr Toyota ring them up and ask how to do it? Probably not. But if he did, did GM just hand over the plans and say "We've spent years spending money and man hours researching this, but yeah, here you go. Here are the plans." No. GM most probably commanded a monstrous fee because they did not want give it away without financial benefit to themselves. And do you know what? Toyota would probably have paid because they didn't want to be left behind. GM made all of their efforts financially worthwhile and Toyota kept up to speed and felt it was great value for money in the process.

Come on guys. I'm amazed!!! You are all businessmen. Spend a bit to make a bit more. You'll happily spend £800.00 on a pole so that you can reach high windows your competitors can't. But £200 on a course that will unlock the door to a whole new industry? What's not to like? The bashing of this befuddles me...

I would like to add just one thing YOU as a contractor Steve are responsible for the Health and safety of all your subcontractors including training regarding H&S matters. Now this might be a silly question but why are you now trying to charge them for the privilege of working for you..? :rolleyes:
The way I see it you have shot yourself in the foot big time and damaged your credibility posting that twaddle.
Smurf, have you read your own footer in your posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back