Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

charlie tapper

hi guys

any advice on hot water systems please.... is their any risk of cracking the glass?

can you work when its freezing cuz water will just freeze on the glass after cleaned

i already have a cold water system is it easy to adapt to hot water system.

thanks

i have a hot water system.

i use a L5 ecotemp heater.

yes there is a chance if it it to cold and you have the water to hot. at the moment i havent cracked anything yet with mine and the oldest glassi have cleaned with it is somewhere around 50-100yrs, it the thin stuff with what looks like bubbles in it.

i went to a job when we had the last freezing weather about a month ago, first job of the day and still had the cold water in the pipe, water freezing on the glass, turn hot water on and everything cleaned fine, went back later no problems atall.

Hi, the only problems you`ll get is water freezing on the ground if its below 0 all day, water wont freeze on the glass above that especially if people are at home with heating on etc.

Easy to install, either echo temp l5 or similar from ebay, will flame up at low pressure (mine ignites at 25 on controller) so quarter pump power.

You can buy one with a digital temp read out on the heater, or check with your tds so its not to hot, usually only near boiling water will crack cold glass.

thanks for that info ' date=' how much was your hotwater system if you dont mind me asking ??[/quote']brought mine from a uk base firm and cost £167. free P&P
most you buy on ebay come from use or china and you have to pay an extra customs fee when you get them.

I bought my 2 from china total cost 170, but am upgrading to the better L5, on ebay you can get them from the states for £114 delivered if you dont mind waiting for them.

If you have a local gas supplies, I get a 19kg propane for 25 quid now i`m a regular apparently they should be 37, but he might just be telling porkys, either way its cheap enough

I bought my 2 from china total cost 170' date=' but am upgrading to the better L5, on ebay you can get them from the states for £114 delivered if you dont mind waiting for them.[/quote']i got mine next day when i ordered mine! plus the bonus of it coming from a uk firm if you have problems with it!otherwise you have to send it back at your cost back to china and wait again.

another guy on another forum had this problem with a heater,

If you have a local gas supplies' date=' I get a 19kg propane for 25 quid now i`m a regular apparently they should be 37, but he might just be telling porkys, either way its cheap enough[/quote']£13 for me! lol

i got mine next day when i ordered mine! plus the bonus of it coming from a uk firm if you have problems with it!otherwise you have to send it back at your cost back to china and wait again.

another guy on another forum had this problem with a heater,
Think I`m going for the uk option next time, but the cheap chinese ones have worked well for 2 years, just want a better build quality.I use them all year round too, warm/hot water removes bug marks and poop so much easier.

Think I`m going for the uk option next time, but the cheap chinese ones have worked well for 2 years, just want a better build quality.I use them all year round too, warm/hot water removes bug marks and poop so much easier.
yer same here, took me 2 months looking into all the diffrent types out there to find the right one!the L5 seems the best one, plus its nice and small to!

is that 19kg? you git!
cost price! part of father in laws business supplys gas!i use the 6kg more got more room in van! plus lasts about 2 weeks

or buy yourself a immersion heater £30 to fit and does not take up any space
the only problem with that is temp control, depends what you want or need to do with the water, some jobs need hot water where as regular jobs just warm

I have never had that problem the only time i use hot water is when it is cold to stop hose from freezing so about 12 times a year so i find it very cost effective using a immersion heater

or buy yourself a immersion heater £30 to fit and does not take up any space
dont forget the wiring of these to make it safe so it dont overheat house circuit and could cause fire! lol

cheers guys ....seen one window cleaner who had wired up a electric shower in his van. but dont think thats intended for use in a van really as mains in a house it would be wired to a 40 amp rcd and wired in 10mm twin and earth.

Back