Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Systems

cheers guys ....seen one window cleaner who had wired up a electric shower in his van. but dont think thats intended for use in a van really as mains in a house it would be wired to a 40 amp rcd and wired in 10mm twin and earth.
yer thats ture, not sure how well it will work or how as a van wouldnt produce enough power for it.

how much are the gas canisters?what size do you use ?

how long does a canister last?
the cost depends on area really, im lucky i get them at cost price, but between £20-£30
i use a 6kg due to space in van, some use 9kg.

my 6kg lasts about 2 weeks being used each day all day

cheers , thanks for the video also . do you have a calor gas canister or that a different sort? also is it a refilable canister or do you buy canisters each time ?? sorry for lots of questions

cheers ' date=' thanks for the video also . do you have a calor gas canister or that a different sort? also is it a refilable canister or do you buy canisters each time ?? sorry for lots of questions[/quote']No problem,
I use flogas propane gas cylinders only coz that's the company my father in law deals with.

As long as it's propane its fine, can be calor or flogas. They are the ones you swap over as it is a cheaper start off costs. You can get the ones you can fill up yourself at petrol station, but the outlay cost is around £200-£300 for that.

No problem,
I use flogas propane gas cylinders only coz that's the company my father in law deals with.

As long as it's propane its fine, can be calor or flogas. They are the ones you swap over as it is a cheaper start off costs. You can get the ones you can fill up yourself at petrol station, but the outlay cost is around £200-£300 for that.
You can get the ones that are refillable along with the filling port, connectors and hose all in for £150. It would pay for itself in under a year, but is only worthwhile if you live near a garage that sells LPG.

You can get the ones that are refillable along with the filling port' date=' connectors and hose all in for £150. It would pay for itself in under a year, but is only worthwhile if you live near a garage that sells LPG.[/quote']have to put a link up for them then, the ones i have seen are around £200-£300 thats with the fitting.
then there is the fitting of it, unless you know someone that can do it, yer thats ture not sure how many garages sell it tho, only noticed 2-3 around northampton. might be more.

i have a few bottles stored at home so its easy for me to just go and change it, plus no need to pay straight away for them either!

have to put a link up for them then, the ones i have seen are around £200-£300 thats with the fitting.
then there is the fitting of it, unless you know someone that can do it, yer thats ture not sure how many garages sell it tho, only noticed 2-3 around northampton. might be more.

i have a few bottles stored at home so its easy for me to just go and change it, plus no need to pay straight away for them either!
this is where i got mine from http://www.sailandtrail.co.uk/lpg-equipment/refillable-lpg-cylinders.html

the bottle is £115, and the filling kit is about £35

so u buy the gas .... can some one tell me what heater u need to buy to connect it to ? thanjks

Back