Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Came off my ladders yesterday

rugbywolf

Was on a three story farm, on a triple extender, and had done the top and first floor windows, so was on the way down when I missed my footing. Fortunately I dropped onto the next rung down with both feet. What happened next took only a few seconds. After landing on the rungs, I started to fall backwards, so pulled on the ladder to balance myself, only the ladder came away from the wall. I realised that the ladder was going to fall backwards (on me), so decided to drop to the floor, which was about 5ft, sliding my hands along the sides of the ladder, and landed flat on my feet – like they do in the gymnastics. Of course I still had hold of the ladder, but it was too heavy and started to fall backwards, and went down with a crash. Fortunately it landed on a lawn, don't know what would've happened if it had crashed on to a car, or another building. My feet were stinging! And I still had two more windows to do. It was lucky for me that I did'nt get hurt bad, because there was no-one around. It was the last job of the day, and when I got home, the soles of my feet were red, so sat with them in ice. They were alright the next day.

Was on a three story farm, on a triple extender, and had done the top and first floor windows, so was on the way down when I missed my footing. Fortunately I dropped onto the next rung down with both feet. What happened next took only a few seconds. After landing on the rungs, I started to fall backwards, so pulled on the ladder to balance myself, only the ladder came away from the wall. I realised that the ladder was going to fall backwards (on me), so decided to drop to the floor, which was about 5ft, sliding my hands along the sides of the ladder, and landed flat on my feet – like they do in the gymnastics. Of course I still had hold of the ladder, but it was too heavy and started to fall backwards, and went down with a crash. Fortunately it landed on a lawn, don't know what would've happened if it had crashed on to a car, or another building. My feet were stinging! And I still had two more windows to do. It was lucky for me that I did'nt get hurt bad, because there was no-one around. It was the last job of the day, and when I got home, the soles of my feet were red, so sat with them in ice. They were alright the next day.
giving you a like because ya didn't get hurt and didn't wreck anything glad your ok

hope your good, get on the ladders quick again or the fear will set in. ladder slipped under me 6 years ago, know the pain.

Great instinct mate, I'd have probably held on for dear life and got hurt! Will have to keep that in mind!!

Never had an accident touch wood glad your ok mate must have been a shock ! Take the plunge and go wfp soo much safer mate !

hope your good, get on the ladders quick again or the fear will set in. ladder slipped under me 6 years ago, know the pain.
Thanks everyone, I did go straight back up to do three more (ever the Professional)!

Thanks everyone, I did go straight back up to do three more (ever the Professional)!

Back