van graphics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan, Feb 10, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Hay guys iv 80% sorted my van out now

Looking at getting a bit of sign wrighting done

was thinking something simple

company name
    under this then services i provide

with contact number and email

what's the do and donts of van sign wrighting any tips ?
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Its a very personal thing, but i think you are headed in the right direction, keep it simple!. Personally, i dont like these fussy 'wraps' you get these days. A lot of them, are to 'busy' for you to easily see what is being advertised!. When i started, i had my wife do the business cards on the computer. I went through all her 'fonts' till i found one i liked, it took a while, as she had hundreds!, and of course, i was getting her opinion for things like, how easy is it to read. When i got around to getting my van done, i got the guy to do what you are thinking about, that is, company name and description + contact details, using the same font as my business cards (continuity, you see, and 'brand recognition'!). You want it easy to read and understand, so by all means, use an interesting font, but dont go using a font which you like the look of, but might be difficult for, say, an old biddy to read!. Oh, and just use one font, two (or more) different styles of lettering isnt a good look. Go for a lettering colour which goes with your van, my van is silver, my lettering is royal blue. Dont make it too plain, if your van is white, dont just go for black letters, its boring!. As long as the colour you choose, isnt too light, it will stand out fine, and dont use many different colours for the lettering, i would suggest, just one, but, at most, two.
    But that is just my opinion, at the end of the day, its your van!.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ya as i'm just starting and this van i got is prob just for this year and next year i wont go to mad on it

if u got pics boys please post it up :]
  4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

Dec 9, 2011
    if window cleaning is your main service then emphasise this in bold lettering close to your business name on the sides of your van keeping it simple lets potential customers know what you do also i read somewhere that theres a d.i.y signage on ebay for 40quid another thing that a wraparound signage and a flash van can put people off asking for a quote as they might think you are pricey you can always put your add on services on the back door good luck anyway
  5. Ive just uploaded a pic on my facebook page of my van just got the sign writing made a few weeks ago, £35 for the sides and back cheap and cheerful and looks good. have a look on ebay thats what i did.