Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

speading up my cleaning of frames?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

I usually clean all the frames (close to the glass and close to the wall), then leave them to dry for 10 mins before doing glass! A window cleaning friend said this is crazy. He said I should just clean the parts of the frames near the glass and do it with the glass at the same time (much quicker). Is this true? Well for 8 weekly/6 weekly maintenance cleans? Just do it my way every six months.

Unless you charge for a full frame clean i would say clean the glass only move on to next one otherwise you dont get much done every day

I tend to leave the top frame if its not dirty, if it is then scrub it rinse it and whilst it drips scrub rest of frame/glass.. then rinse the glass.

For downstairs windows i always just swipe a microfibre across top frame to knock cobwebs off then quick up and down left frame, across bottom frame up righ hand frame across to glass , rinse, wipe sill next window.

For 1st cleans its different, takes longer

i clean all the frames every time doesnt take long after a proper 1st clean, if the frames are clean no chance of drips

Hi Slippy,

I've never heard of your method before, what I do is clean the frame and window at the same time, then rinse the whole lot over. Brings the whole lot up a treat, customer is happy, and takes a few seconds more than just doing the glass.

Hope that helps

Regards

J

Hi Adam

Yes I do, for first clean I say to the customer that there maybe the odd run or two as the windows are really dirty, but usually by the second clean they are perfect. If they are really bad to call me and I will come back. But I haven't had a complaint in the year I've been cleaning.

But usually after that, they don't get mega dirty, and I make sure I give it a good old rinse just working my way down catching the frames as well.

Hope that helps

J

I do the frames and glass in one

Do top frame rinse do glass and other frames and a good rinse on first cleans and no issues so far

I think the keyis a good rinse

i think im going to have a go on my windows in a bit and see it i can get my time down, i spend too long.

on a typical windows that has 4 panes of glass (two top openers and panes below)

i would clean top frame, rinse it, then scrub rest of frames and rinse, then scrub top openers glass and rinse, then probably do the next window the same before going back to the first to scrub bottom glass and rinse

i need to eliminate the going back and forth between windows

On a couple of dirty jobs i have cleaned the whole lot frames and glass together and then go round the whole lot again very very quickly just to ensure it is good..takes a lot less time as 2nd clean takes seconds per window

well ive just done my 3 bed semi in 11 mins

they have dried with a few spots around the top of the glass on most of the windows but they are all hydrophobic and i havnt cleaned them for 3 months. Going to take my time still until i have enough custies not to care lol

If the frame and glass is clean, you won't get dirty drips/runs will you?
in theory no but how many of us check our work, maybe we leave drips more than we think just most custies are not that bothered or dont look closely enough? just a thought

I sometimes check when i do my own dont bother with them at all as it is just wife nagging so just do a quickie on them. Very rarely i get drips and they are minimal so even a paying custy would have to be a fussy buggar to call you back ... then again there are some fussy buggars out there.. :)

Latest Posts

Back