Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hot water setup ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's just a question of having a play to see what settings produce the constant flow of hot/warm water you want. Adjust the flow **** on the heater to much from min when using a wfp pump and the heater will keep cutting out. Likewise if the pump controller is set too low the heater may fire up but then go off.

Bearing in mind that heater has a 20 min safety timer so unless you turn the water off your pole from time to time again the heater will go off after 20 mins.

It will also go off if the temp safety sensor is activated if it thinks the heater it's getting to hot.

just adjusted it to the settings you said still dont want to ingnite,i should be seeing a pilot light in the triangle grill at front ?

Before you give up on it do the following steps for me please to rule out operator error.

1. Gas bottle - obvioulsy has gas in it

Have you checked when you put on the gas regulator to the gas bottle you press down at the same turn the lever up. You will hear a gas noise it it is on properly. Yes or No?

Likewise when you go to take the regulator off by pressing the lever in and turning it back down the pressure in the gas bottle should make a noise. Yes or No?

Before you give up on it do the following steps for me please to rule out operator error.
1. Gas bottle - obvioulsy has gas in it

Have you checked when you put on the gas regulator to the gas bottle you press down at the same turn the lever up. You will hear a gas noise it it is on properly. Yes or No?

Likewise when you go to take the regulator off by pressing the lever in and turning it back down the pressure in the gas bottle should make a noise. Yes or No?
my gas bottle has a screw regulator and yes bottle has plent of gas bout haalf bottle was think same to in to shop today and the guy comfirmed it had bout half bottle,you said no to pilot light this is same as mine and has pilot light

[media]

[/media]

2. Conections - are they fitted the right way around

Check water hose from pump is connected to inlet side of heater. Yes or NO?

Check water hose to reel is connected to the outlet of the heater. Yes or NO?

3. Water flow - Important the heater will not fire up if the flow is turned off anywhere be it before the heater or after the heater if a stop connector or tap on your pole etc turns the water off.

Check water is getting to the inlet side of the heater ok. Yes or NO?

Check water is flowing through the heater and out the outlet hose ok. Yes or No?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a battery ignition system so has no gas pilot light as you put it.

my gas bottle has a screw regulator and yes bottle has plent of gas bout haalf bottle was think same to in to shop today and the guy comfirmed it had bout half bottle,you said no to pilot light this is same as mine and has pilot light[media]

Yep connections are all correct,flow is coming out of a open ended hose and not to hose reel,when I first connected it and tried it there was a loud Pop like there was a pressure release,I'm lost now ordered a new regulator in case that is it I doubt it tho cos a I have had a blow torch connected to it and works fine

A loud pop don't sound good to me.

What happens when you just connect a garden hose to the inlet instead?

Try it and see if it works then

A loud pop don't sound good to me.
What happens when you just connect a garden hose to the inlet instead?

Try it and see if it works then
Will give it a try tommrow,I have had enough otherwise i might end up putting hammer through it lol

The way I see it If the flow of water is high enough there is no reason for it not to ingnite as long as gas is getting to the heater and the batteries have not gone flat.

Well spotted spruce as that is defo the reason why it went pop and fails to ignite if it's a natural gas heater.

Back