Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trimmed My Round Again

All Round Cleaning

Been refining my round again today dumping messers and people who don't pay so now i have 77 customers

according to aworka .

but all is ok as im happy dumping all the messers etc so now my little round is worth 10.5k a yr for 1 day a week

dont think thats to bad to be honest .

10.5 k for a days work a week cant be bad, i have just finished my first week with aworka excellent so easy to use love it .

What's your process for non payers, arc. do you post invoices, outstanding payment slips? how long do you give them to pay before suspending there service, also what payment methods do you have available for your customers to use?

I give customers one month from the date of clean but to be honest all my customers are great!

Payments are cash, cheque and bank transfer!

Simple!!!!

What's your process for non payers, arc. do you post invoices, outstanding payment slips? how long do you give them to pay before suspending there service, also what payment methods do you have available for your customers to use?

Just knock on doors when in area next if they just take the **** take them off

just looking into this aworka.... would you recomend it? seems very usefull but for £10 a month? guessing it knocks alot of the paper work on the head. i was hoping for an app for my tablet as that would be spot on but cant seem to find anything like it. might use google calander

Only my opinion here, but I would give it two months before canceling, everyone goes off on holiday at some point through the year, and things crop up. I use to give them 28 days, but I changed it to 56 and found that my drop rate decreased significantly.

You do have to drop some, as you will have nothing but endless agro from them, giving a little leeway can turn customers back to regular payers.

I will give you an example, only recently there a customer, has not paid two months in a row, I went by the third month, never cleaned the windows, but thought I would just knock them as see if I could get them in. Got the daughter in, and she told me her mum has just got out of hospital, as she had a stroke. See is now doing better, I got paid my out standing amount, and is now back in good standing.

I let it slip for 2 cleans but after that i drop .

And its the people who just keep generally messing about like not answering the phone not replying to txts

Or just generally being a pain in the ass .

I went to 4 months with one customer and I dropped them, now i chase after 2 months and wont clean for a third months

I can tell which customer is a good customer just by their character, i had 1 customer who never had money but i knew she was decent and when i called around 3,4 times she never had cash so i left her until 2nd clean and she let me keep her change cos she knew i ran about for her a bit so that was her way of showing remorse lol

I agree; you can’t afford to have customers on your round messing you around by taking up more of your time. Two cleans without payment, and then I contact them for payment before the 3rd clean.

There are exceptions as laddergarder explains, but if a customer ends up costing you more of your time you do need to do something about it.

Richard

Back