Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sorry No Thanks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I've just turned down a managment company that wanted a local contractor to clear and clean guttering on various 3-4 storey blocks of flats as they insisted they wanted them cleared out using a guttervac to save them money. Was mentioned they already have a contractor 40 miles away but don't want to pay him to travel.

Would you say I'm wise or just mad turning work away like that? :Image13:

I'm of out soon to look at a commercial unit gutter clearing job which I probably will turn down aswell if they want me just to try to use a guttervac with the guttering full of sods and tress growing out of it like most are.

You cann't beat a good hand job you know. :Image13:

I turn down gutter work.

Was offered the contract to a bunch of residential flats, around 200 buildings they wanted the gutters cleaning.

Turned down.

No thanks. lol

Trouble is it seems no one is willing to pay a contractor a decent rate or want to pay for the appropriate kit to be used for jobs these days.

People think when using a guttervac they can take on any type of job using one....That is until they find out the hard way that badly blocked 3-4 storey guttering is near impossible to clear properly from the ground. Then if they can't do it and/or something goes wrong they have no way doing/fixing the guttering without using suitable access equipment which the client will not be happy about nor willing to pay out anymore dosh than the contractor has already quoted.

Back