Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My homemade wfp trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Pickingpaul

This is my wfp trolley i made this summer, im pleased with it but a few things i want to change hence the ikea trolley thread, i want to get a junction box to fix to the back of the trolley so i can fold it away into the boot of passenger seat a lot easier

I have a battery issue also, the one ive got there has started to give up after 2-3 25L bottles, which is disappointing to say the least as its only 5 months old, does anyone recommend a better battery i should get, the ne i have used to do 8x 25L bottles in a day easily and still would have done more if i had it im sure.

So i want a battery to pump 200L and last as long as possible ( more than 5 months for f&@ks sake)

Thanks

View attachment 3311

View attachment 3312

What battery have you currently got mate? A 6ah should be fine but since a 9ah isn't physically any larger I'd get one of those.

Bear in mind that these batteries don't like to be run until flat. Charge it after every use and it should last. Mine is still fine after a year.

If you haven't already got one on your pump box a volt meter is a good idea too. Remember, a 12v battery is flat at 12v. Fully charged it should be about 12.8v. Less than 12v = dead usually.

Great mate there's nothing like building your own system, especially when it saves you allot of money. I still look at mine with pride. On your battery do you use a charger with an automatic cut off when its charged?

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

What battery have you currently got mate? A 6ah should be fine but since a 9ah isn't physically any larger I'd get one of those.
Bear in mind that these batteries don't like to be run until flat. Charge it after every use and it should last. Mine is still fine after a year.

If you haven't already got one on your pump box a volt meter is a good idea too. Remember, a 12v battery is flat at 12v. Fully charged it should be about 12.8v. Less than 12v = dead usually.
Damn, i think i did let it go flat, then didnt charge it for a while, so thats very important then? Always charge it after every use?

I think this one is 7.2AH

I got toget a new kne, so u reckon a 9ah? Any brand of seller u recomend? Tis one i got off ebay for about £20 i think

View attachment 3314

Great mate there's nothing like building your own system, especially when it saves you allot of money. I still look at mine with pride. On your battery do you use a charger with an automatic cut off when its charged?Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
Yeah i think so too, because when u put it all together yourself you can mend anything that goes wrong, like my bloody battery dying prematurely /emoticons/biggrin.png

I see in your avatar a nice wfp trolley, i take it thats one of yours then mate? DI vessel on the back as well eh, do u fill her up while u are at customers then? Gd idea that

Good work. You're and industrious little fecker int ya./emoticons/biggrin.png
Lol try to be, little home projects is fun and injects new life into your work

Yeah i think so too, because when u put it all together yourself you can mend anything that goes wrong, like my bloody battery dying prematurely /emoticons/biggrin.png
I see in your avatar a nice wfp trolley, i take it thats one of yours then mate? DI vessel on the back as well eh, do u fill her up while u are at customers then? Gd idea that
Thanks mate appreciate you saying that, I carry water in 25ltr barrels so its just a case of swapping an empty one for another one.

Thanks mate appreciate you saying that, I carry water in 25ltr barrels so its just a case of swapping an empty one for another one.
Oh so have i got this right?

U put regular water in the container which then goes through the di vessel and onto the hose for your pole coming out pure? :thumbsup:

View attachment 3316

Put my battery on top and pump underneath in case it springs a leak.

View attachment 3317

It folds flat, so,takes up little space in the motor.

Box is in between the frame of the trolley.

Coincidentally this is the same trolley jimmyboots used. I got mine from 'the internet gardener' online.

It has just the right spacing for the plastic box to fit inside.

Yes that's it, because where I am in a very soft water area I get away with just using a di, so having the di on the trolley saves the hassle of prefilling with pure as the water has to be pumped through the hose anyway so I thought might as well put a di on the trolley and kill 2 birds with the one stone.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

How much was just the trolley @PTWC? The tyres on mine are knackered. I've seen them sold as wheels and tyres together on the net, but can't remember where.

Has anyone bought spare wheels like PTWC has and where from?

Yes that's it, because where I am in a very soft water area I get away with just using a di, so having the di on the trolley saves the hassle of prefilling with pure as the water has to be pumped through the hose anyway so I thought might as well put a di on the trolley and kill 2 birds with the one stone.Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
Very cool, do u take out several cotainers full in the morning? Or do u refill when u are out? I supose u can do both

View attachment 5276
Put my battery on top and pump underneath in case it springs a leak.

View attachment 5277

It folds flat, so,takes up little space in the motor.

Box is in between the frame of the trolley.

Coincidentally this is the same trolley jimmyboots used. I got mine from 'the internet gardener' online.

It has just the right spacing for the plastic box to fit inside.
That looks a great trolley seeing it up close, as tuffers asks, how muchu pay for that? If my ikea turns out to fail i think it will have to be one of those then

Very cool, do u take out several cotainers full in the morning? Or do u refill when u are out? I supose u can do both
I take 25 ltr barrels out with me.
98c534f1b7ab917bbb812cea935374ea.jpg

Thats a damn good trolley right there. Still not sure if I'm going the homemade route or getting a commercial one, but I'll be keeping that link.

I thinki would struggle to get that in my car, do u use a van seye? Great looking home made trolley, douneed all that extra hose, ive onlyused all my hose a few times on my round, im seriously considering putting only about 10 feet of extra hose on my new trolley tomake in minimalistic

I thinki would struggle to get that in my car, do u use a van seye? Great looking home made trolley, douneed all that extra hose, ive onlyused all my hose a few times on my round, im seriously considering putting only about 10 feet of extra hose on my new trolley tomake in minimalistic
I have an estate car but I am looking to get a box trailer so I can just wheel trolley in and out and all my gear can stay out of the car because it can be a pain in backside at times. There is a 100 mtrs of 8mm hose you'd be surprised how easy it is to use it all means you do not have to keep moving the trolley so often. your trolley is very tidy and doesn't seem to take up allot of room.

Latest Posts

Back