Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Far Will You Travel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Have a days work that's nearly 30 mile away.. 70% would be within 2 miles of base,

20% 2-5miles

The rest 5-8

Think 30 is far enough.. Straight run down the motorway, wouldn't even be a tenner in diesel

Thing is, once gettting the work that is say other side of town, or idk 20 -30 miles away, you have to keep going back to collect all the money, waste of fuel and time

My van did about 4,000 miles last year. All work is in approx 3 mile radius, most well within that. It's not the fuel cost that you need to think of it's the time between customers.

I met a windy some time ago who was travelling a huge distance, 30 miles+, to do work on army houses (don't, unless you really have to, and they are officer types). He must have driven past so much work. Stop and get out and knock doors closer to you. People like to do business with local people.

20 miles here /emoticons/smile.png

But it doesnt matter how far you go....

If i had 20 jobs in 1 day 35 miles away and all the jobs were close by then it would be well worth it ! Aslong as all your work in that 1 day is compact your laughing really /emoticons/tongue.png

A few of my jobs are out of place at the moment... but when i get to 200 customers i will sort this out /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

These customers 30 miles away are 20 odd biggish houses in the 1 street.. Pops been doing them from I was a wee nipper, we get there for just before 8, call to a few before they go to work, others leave the money out and some pay for their neighbours of they are not in... Very rarely does anyone owe.. And i just wouldn't drive 30 miles to collect ( I got online payments now )

Back