Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

distributing 25L barrels in car to not damage suspension?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Obviously in the long term am planning to get a van, but got a Citroen Xsara hatchback at the moment. I was putting about 175litres in the boot the night before working then heading off slowly and driving carefully until the water starts getting used up. The boot is safer, with the two back seats to protect me from them flying forward but is it putting weight on the back suspension? With all that weight all night then driving over few speed bumps in the morning. How can you check the suspension? It has been a bit squeaky when pushing down on it.

I put the back seats down and get the barrels as central aspossible. That way the load is better spread over the wheels. Ill be building a frame soon to make sure they cant move as the do have a habit of falling over if i dont put them in a certain way

Putting 175 liters of water in the back is tge same as having 2 14 stone lads in the back.

Having the back seats up or down makes no difference. If you have a serious crash then those barrels as still coming forward to do serious harm and that's that.

I've been putting 6 barrels and the PF trolley in the trunk of my car for 10yrs and 8 months now with no appreciable difference to the suspension. Mind you I don't drive very far with it. All my work is within a square mile and I live in the middle of it so it's not going to take the caning that doing lots of mileage will give it.

I've been putting 6 barrels and the PF trolley in the trunk of my car for 10yrs and 8 months now with no appreciable difference to the suspension. Mind you I don't drive very far with it. All my work is within a square mile and I live in the middle of it so it's not going to take the caning that doing lots of mileage will give it.
yeah I usually fill up 6 or 7 in my Citreon Xsara's boot- so 175 litres. I fill up the night before. So they are sitting there all night then drive off slowly and carefully. try to wfp stuff first. Is this leaving them over night a problem for the suspension/ Putting them on the back seat so more central would be better for suspension, but not safety. Will my Xsara's suspension break?

Putting 175 liters of water in the back is tge same as having 2 14 stone lads in the back.
Having the back seats up or down makes no difference. If you have a serious crash then those barrels as still coming forward to do serious harm and that's that.
Anyone built a wooden bulk head?

The back seats are locked in place so if I am hit do you still think they will come flying through the back seats and drivers seat and hurt me? I usually don't drive more than 40 mph.

Got an estate?

Back