Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Phone Calls & Rain

Smurf

I can tell when it's raining just by the amount of phone calls as I've had 3 enquires in the last 20 mins alone.

Dont you just love it when it starts to rain? :Image3:

oh dear :Image13: but sorry that did make me laugh Tuffers.

might be wise to phone first next time if you have to travel any distance like that :Image9:

No, I drove 7 miles to do a window clean only to be met with, 'can you come back tomorrow?'I bit my lip....
Ide just not bother going back ever again if customer said that to me, what the hell does it matter if its raining, just a big inconvenience if u ask me

Nice one...happy days :Image7:

I always give the customer a courtesy call before I leave home or when I'm finishing another job to let them know I'm on my way. Works well for me :Image9:

Ide just not bother going back ever again if customer said that to me, what the hell does it matter if its raining, just a big inconvenience if u ask me
£20 half hour job though Andy. £20 = 150 miles worth of juice for me bike. The more £20's the more fun for me :)

oh dear :Image13: but sorry that did make me laugh Tuffers.
might be wise to phone first next time if you have to travel any distance like that :Image9:
I weren't laughing, the air was blue in my van. Splash and dash for them tomorrow.

Indeed...lets hope for your sake it doesn't start to rain whilst your on that job then. :Image16:

Quoted for a conservatory outside clean last night including clearing the conservatory gutters.

Gave the price of £75 for the roof & £25 for the sides less £5 discount.

Chap said thanks for coming out I will speak to my wife - well we all knows normally what that means.

Anyhow I thought I had blown it as you do but was not going to drop my price. This morning I received an email from the lady requesting the work to be booked in.

Motto of the story is having the bottle to stand your ground on price does pay of sometimes as I could have quite easily dropped it just to gain the work.

You did the right think smurf. I get ask what's your best price and I usually look a bit puzzled and say that is my best price and always willing to walk away. I seem to get people ringing Sunday mornings for quotes

Thanks nearlyclean...

As you folks know my prices are not that cheap but I seems to be getting plenty of work so must be doing something right.

I've just poped back home to fill me van tank so looks like another late finish tonight.

Latest Posts

Back