Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Car Or Van

I just bought a Renault scenic and taking the centre rear seat out. Looking for a small long slim tank now to go down middle and having back suspension sorted by a mate. will carry enough water for my purposes v

I have had both in the past but currently use a car as it suits my business better!

I disagree with people that say that it looks more professional or that it gives a better impression if you have a van as in my opinion as long as you act professional and do a good job 99% of customers would not care if you arrived on a chocolate bike!

It is about the job you do.

Just my opinion!!

i used to have a astra estate i liked it cos the roof was low geting ladders off was easy good on fuel an nce an nippy for when i went colecting but it was to small as i got more kit so had to get a van fiat scudo 4 me i thault it is mce easer an no issu with space ide never go bk to car again if i was trad only then ide get a car but im 60 40 wfp so i think van suts me beta the good thing about a van is it comes in very handy 4 other stuff ie moving house hobbys or wat ever so van all the way 4 me

i use an estate car at the moment, just cover seats up , messy when it gets wet. backpack and 25 litre drums. 27 clx, trad gear in back. best of both as allinson says

If I was fitting a tank, or carrying around a lot of drums I'd go the van route. A little split in a hose, or a drum tipping over can cause havoc. Most van electrics are up out the way, estate cars etc have electrics along the floor.

thats one thing i hated was damp bk seats i used to carry 10 25l drums trollie to poles an trad gear an me dog in his big cage was a bit cramped lol

started with a swb trasnit but not good being trad and having to climb on roof all time to get ladders off, i sold that and nicked the wifes a4 avant! bought some cheap roof bars and its been spot on with plenty of space in the boot and i carry a 25 ltr water tub, thinking once i get a bigger round i'll get myself a astra van or a combi or peugeot partner as i used to fix them all the time for a living and the old 1.9 is a great old reliable tractor engine but not sure if the roof is a bit high?

currently though im gonna get the rear window sign written, anyone else got theyre car windows signwritten etc?

started with a swb trasnit but not good being trad and having to climb on roof all time to get ladders off, i sold that and nicked the wifes a4 avant! bought some cheap roof bars and its been spot on with plenty of space in the boot and i carry a 25 ltr water tub, thinking once i get a bigger round i'll get myself a astra van or a combi or peugeot partner as i used to fix them all the time for a living and the old 1.9 is a great old reliable tractor engine but not sure if the roof is a bit high?

currently though im gonna get the rear window sign written, anyone else got theyre car windows signwritten etc?
i have the fiat scudo with the good old dw8 engine slow boring but like u say very relible i stand on a 25l drum to take ladders off

I've got a partner and can reach the roof rack comfortably at 6'1ish. The clamps are quite high if I have the long class A triples on though.

I am 100% trad, for which I have a 1999 Ford Fiesta van. It ticks all the boxes for me because it is small, yet there's plenty of room for all my gear. It is very economical to run, having the 1.8 diesel, and for its age, is very clean and tidy. It's even the right shape because it is the hatchback variant, meaning I can lift the ladders on and off over the tailgate with ease on busy streets.

John

Back