Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decision time on new gear!

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
I know theres loads of these threads and ive prob asked before myself lol but its decision time as my shoulder is giving me jip and i want to get something before end of tax year. If i had loads of spare cash i wouldnt ask but money tight and ive been saving a while so here goes.

Finally got a hose reel and microbore in van to act as a van mount (not tried it yet cant wait)

Been using Harris for a while, on my second one and clamps starting to slip, its not long enough for the odd job and it hurts my neck/shoulders when reaching

SO

what pole should i get slx or clx? 18ft or 22ft?

Aquadapter vs tap on hose?

Swivel or non swivel?

Medium mixed dual trim or extreme dual trim?

an 18ft would cover 95% of my round, a 22ft would prob do 99% of my round is the extra weight of the 22 going to be significantly more?

and for the other 1 house i think, i will just use the ladders for now until i can afford an extension

Im thinking slx with an extreme brush for the lightest setup i can afford, and maybe use the harris with the old vikan brush for first cleans

is the slx noticably better than clx for those that have used both?

obv i want to spend the least poss as i have loads of other stuff i need to buy/do lol

22ft slx with extreme brush sound good with swivel and adquadapter? or not? lol cant decide its a lot of money to me atm

i was in the same pickle when deciding between 18 and 22, but now i can confidently say that i made the good decision by buying the 22ft slx, reaching over those cons.roofs is something that happens at least 5 times a week, if i had to add an extension everytime i'd waste a lot of time, also the weight difference between the two is negligible.

As it was stated by others in multiple similar threads, the price difference is something you will get back in time and energy which = money

dont buy 18 and keep in mind wen gettingg 22 u wont be able to get some high 3 story windies

also mixed brush is grand the weight difference in 18 and 222 is miminal and do not start adding and takin off extensions its time consuming and tiring the gardiner poles arent that heavy im goin with 2 slx 30 poles in a few weeks

Yeh going for 22 its only 30 quid more than 18 and I think slx because I can add extensions in the future I imagine clx will get whippy over 22ft. Im still going to rue this over for rest of the day lol and order it tonight

Back