Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Update on mini standoff

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wish now I had bought one from the chap on fleebay that was flogging them dirt cheap./emoticons/tongue.png

As there are times I still want the top of the ladder to be stable but in some instances I don't want the ladder sticking out too far from the wall.

I like using it with my 12 rung triples

Most standard houses i can now leave ladders collapsed and lean standoff against the wall below sill and crack on without touching the sill or extending ladders

I would imagine you get a good workout too humping that ladder about just for window cleaning

It isn't that heavy when you get used to it

I'm 6'2" and 14.5 stone with no fat so it is not that bad (about 15 and a bit now i reckon with christmas beer and food)

Nice vid @daveyboy1 posted here has been specifically designed so to be used close to a wall where the normal microlite standoff the user could be too far away to the job in hand and/or would be also to awkward to use on some tight ladder sets to get the angle of the ladder set correctly resting on a wall.

Unfortunatly the pic that dave posted does not do it any justise at all as he uses the mini standoff for trad window cleaning.

Myself I would never rest a ladder on a fascia like that as they can/do break. Also the ladder can slip sideways if not careful. That is why I was supprised to see that pic as @daveyboy1 should know better /emoticons/biggrin.png

The correct name for the standoff @daveyboy1 uses if anyone is interested is called the compact made by ladderfix ltd. They also make the ultimate and microlite standoff which is the same thing.

Nothing wrong with that than an ankalad would not fix /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've also taken chances by resting the standoff on wall tiles just hoping they don't break:rolleyes:

Back