Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning A Care Home Trad?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulio

Hi guys,

one of my customers has given me a heads up about a care home who is looking for a window cleaner. i want to put in a quote but the problem is the care home is 3 stories high and as i'm 100% trad, i can only reach to the first floor with my ladders. Would it be unprofessional/stupid to put a quote in saying i can only do the outside of the top floor from the inside? the quote would only be for the communal areas as the flats are done as and when the individual tenant wants them cleaned.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you can't do the whole job because of a h&s risk assessment then you have two options

1. look silly and quote for the parts you can do.

2. simply invest in wfp kit and quote the job in full.

That's why so many trad guys use wfp method now too.

like Smurf said really,

and you wont be allowed to do the top for from the inside as it would break there h&s! plus you wont be allowed into the peoples rooms that live there to do it anyway.

besides its not one in northampton is is?? lol

you could buy a cheap fibreglass wfp and a backpack then buy some pure of a local windy either that or bring someone along with you to foot the ladder and trad the lot

either get a trade triple ladder that will reach OR an unger teleplus pole with a Wagtail squeegee. i use both methods to do 3storey trad jobs and if you are doing the care home alone you need to allow plenty of time as they are very hard work. luckily for me i now have a crew ,which share the load when doing care home type jobs

Go WFP. If you say you'll do it off ladders, they wont (or shouldnt) hire you. It's an investment you will reap the benefits of big time in years to come.

Back