Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

canvassing

I'm canvassing all week aswell /emoticons/unsure.png just say "hello do you need a window cleaner" that's all I say if they say no ( most of the time) just say thanks for your time.

Hey I'm in the area every 4 weeks cleaning windows, just calling to see of you would like yours cleaned?

This week is my easy week so I will be out a few ***hts knocking. It's hard at the start, took me a while to build up the confidence, but once you see how easy it is and how it is the best way to build your business, you will enjoy knocking doors!! Good luck pal

Lol it's just getting over the NO's and that sh@t feeling you get with the first few, that will pass and just go over your head, I hate doing it but it's great getting a massive YES.

Canvassing is the best way to get work i reckon /emoticons/smile.png ill be at it in 2-3 weeks ! lol..... i can imagine all the NOOOO's i will get lool.... but some will be like yes please ! /emoticons/smile.png

going out canvassing this week? ****ting it,what do i say,help ouch!
Your will do mate this week when you walk to the door like a drowned rat they will fill sorry for you and give you a job /emoticons/smile.png:)

i always say 'do you have a w/c because im expanding my round through this area' sound like you've got a lot & they may be missing out -- even if they say no ta ask if you can leave a flyer just in case

I've got 6 big first cleans this week, then its door knocking for the rest of the week. Not done any door knocking yet as a window cleaner but have knocked on doors for the last 20 years as a postman so I should be fine.

From my old delivery, I asked 15 people and 10 said yes. Going to go round all the deliverys I've been on where I know lots of people.

do you guys reckon you can do it in the middle of the day then? or are you going out in the early evenings?? i had a lot planned this week but its absolutly ******* it down here today so im twidling my thunbs lol... i have to get over the fear tho. i have made good progress but i really need to kick my **** into gear

Depends on area lee, some places will have alot of people in, old people, stay at home

Mums, people on the dole.. I'd stay during the day could just be as effective as in the evening.. I know some people can't be assed to open the door at dinner time and some oldies won't open at ***ht time..

You could also try shops during the day too

hi ya:) if you are hungry enough you will nock on doors for work, when i first started in 1982, 2 kids and wife to keep, and no income i had to nock on doors , no point in putting flyers out then hoping the phone rings, i needed dosh straight a way from word go, first house i got she already had a windowcleaner, but i could clean her gutters out, i got 3 gutter claning jobs in that road and one windows, so nock or go hungry...........pete

knock or go hungry.. i like it pete. Its true you do have to get out there. i v been knocking all of my current customers neighbours lately and that has worked because its a point of reference.. my confidence is growing all the time with knocking doors, i dont think its something i could just do straight away

I have only ever leaflet dropped and I usually get two customers ring up out of about 200 leaflets delivered.

On average what kind of response would you say you get from knocking on doors.:huh:

Back