Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is best water temeperature for WFP?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tore Viste

Hi.

I am New in this forum. So maybe my question has been answered before....

I Wonder what is best recommended temp on warm water With WFP system?

Till now I have only used Cold water, and I feel sometimes it would be faster With hot water.

I have not bought warming system yet.

I live in Norway and I just checked that Electric heat system for 16 A her only give 3 liter/min on 40 Celcius.

So, since I do not use this system every day, it wil cost me too much With Complete system from Unger, Ionic ,,,

Is propane gas system ok to use here?

Thank you for Your experiences--- /emoticons/wink.png

Hi and welcome.

If you do a search with gas heaters you will see lots on gas heating systems. The search box is at the top right hand side.

One of the big issues is cold. If the water freezes inside a gas heater then it does damage.

As heaters aren't expensive to buy but you need one that vents through the roof of the van. It needs to be placed so you can undo the drain screw and empty the heater of water. Some place a heater on the back door and leave it open whilst in use and other place their heater close to a door and leave that open. IMHO that isn't good practice.

I would also say that temperatures in Norway are colder than in the UK, so you may have to think about cold glass and the effects that warm/hot water can have on it.

Hi and welcome.
If you do a search with gas heaters you will see lots on gas heating systems. The search box is at the top right hand side.

One of the big issues is cold. If the water freezes inside a gas heater then it does damage.

As heaters aren't expensive to buy but you need one that vents through the roof of the van. It needs to be placed so you can undo the drain screw and empty the heater of water. Some place a heater on the back door and leave it open whilst in use and other place their heater close to a door and leave that open. IMHO that isn't good practice.

I would also say that temperatures in Norway are colder than in the UK, so you may have to think about cold glass and the effects that warm/hot water can have on it.
Hi and welcome.

Hello to you!

Thanks for your answer, I will consider this when I go further in the process

Tore

Hei Tore, og velkommen til forumet! /emoticons/smile.png

How much water do you carry, and how often do you use your system? Do you live by the sea so you have to deal with a lot of salt on your windows?

I am also considering hot water down the road due to salt, but I do think I'll end up with an electric heater placed in the tank which will be plugged in at night. It supposedly keeps warm enough during a whole day, and keeps the van warm as a bonus. That would be a great benefit in Norway, and it would probably mean you could work a few days where your system otherwise would be frozen due to night frost. (Had up to -30C where I used to live on Østlandet).

Hot water does not yield a better result, but it can get there a bit faster with less water. So it really boils down to how much are you willing to spend to save some time?

Velkommen tore !

I belive gas is cheapest , i go around 25 degress in minus temps, and 45-50 in +4 degress . Anyway whenever you reach -3-4 the show stops for most cleaners on wfp. Having this system mine is all DIY , you need to have heat on the Van overnight in subzero temp. If that isnt possible i drain my pump and gasheater ( unplug hoses ) and empty my tank .

BTW . Dont buy hotsystems ready to go . Just add it to your existing system . Prices are Way too high .

I use an eccotemp 5l gasheater . Ca 1500 norske kroner )

Hei Tore, og velkommen til forumet! /emoticons/smile.png
How much water do you carry, and how often do you use your system? Do you live by the sea so you have to deal with a lot of salt on your windows?

I am also considering hot water down the road due to salt, but I do think I'll end up with an electric heater placed in the tank which will be plugged in at night. It supposedly keeps warm enough during a whole day, and keeps the van warm as a bonus. That would be a great benefit in Norway, and it would probably mean you could work a few days where your system otherwise would be frozen due to night frost. (Had up to -30C where I used to live on Østlandet).

Hot water does not yield a better result, but it can get there a bit faster with less water. So it really boils down to how much are you willing to spend to save some time?
Hi.

Thanks for your comments!

I will have this in mind before I deside what to buy...

Tore[emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back