Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

aaaahhhh more wrong size orders

johnny bravo

emailed wintecs regarding repair my 8mm rel hose after a leak, I had to cut the 8mm hose, so needed a barb and O rings to secure the barb onto hose.

They advised me to use size 11-13 + a 8mm barb.

O rings came today, They wont even go over Reel Hose, dddooohhh.

Tried the 8mm barb i got off ebay far too small the hose just swallows it. This is after seeking advice from suppliers. ive emailed them to see what went wrong.

Surelly they would just try a O ring onto the 8mm reel hose to make sure.

ITS A good job ive got a spare im using.

I would assume 11-13 would fit as most 8mm id hose is around 11.5-12 od so should fit straight on

Did you tell them what specific hose it was or just 8mm id

11 to 13 is the correct size and with a bit of twist and turn will go on. You may have a problem sliding the hose over the barb with the o clip on. All you need to do is dip it in hot water and it will slide on.

13 to 15 will go on but what I found in the summer on hot days they start leaking

Totally agree with Doug , Repairing a hose IMHO is false economy and a P.I.A long term far better off buy a new 100m of hose .

HHHaaaaaHHHHHaaaaa, thats funny, even the 8mm barb i ordered is too small,:bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall:, thats how i feel, imagine waiting for gear to fix hose to get n to work, and cant get out.

If the outer hose size is 13.5mm how can a 13mm Oring fit on, too small.

HHHaaaaaHHHHHaaaaa, thats funny, even the 8mm barb i ordered is too small,:bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall::bangheadwall:, thats how i feel, imagine waiting for gear to fix hose to get n to work, and cant get out.
If the outer hose size is 13.5mm how can a 13mm Oring fit on, too small.
Hectic lol

that looks like a 6mm reel hose, microbore,

on the cleaning spot website they have minibore 8mm reel hose, 50 / 100m @ outer diameter 13.5mm

yet there 30m is 13mm outer

a tiny difference but a difference, i must have the 13.5mm outer size and you have the 13mm outer. This is why you can fit a 11 - 13mm O ring.

30m yellow Minibore hose 13mm X 8mm

Ref: Y830

OUT OF STOCK

£19.99
£23.99 inc VAT

Total Price:

Quantity:

50m Yellow Minibore Reinforced hose 13.5mm x 8mm

Ref: Y860

OUT OF STOCK

£34.95
£41.94 inc VAT