Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what do i need for a cheap setup?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trying to softwash a missy roof without scraping just leaves a patchy mess of bleach white moss which looks worse than before

If anyone can disprove this I would love to see how its done ??

View attachment 8323

@BigFoot

So i sprayed manky conny with hypo just under 1% as i didn't want to go too strong

Sprayed it all

Cleaned next doors windows and her windows

10 minutes to scrub and rinse whole conny

Job done

Bye bye ubik

Not a perfect finish but she did only ask me to give it a quick go over with my pole

If i took a little more time i could do a perfect job easily

View attachment 8320

View attachment 8321

View attachment 8322

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably regulates the amount of hypo itbis mixing with the water if it works like mr Cave's clever wash trolley

View attachment 11717 View attachment 11718 View attachment 11719 View attachment 11720 @BigFoot

So i sprayed manky conny with hypo just under 1% as i didn't want to go too strong

Sprayed it all

Job done

Bye bye ubik

Not a perfect finish but she did only ask me to give it a quick go over with my pole

So you prefer this over Buick. Going to have to give it a try!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Don't use it over 1% though as i was warned about that

Upvc will change colour otherwise

It will change back after a couple of days but then you have to try and explain that to the customer

It is just about strong enough that you see the green start to fade but not too strong that it bleaches it all 100% but the rest comes off with a quick scrub

View attachment 11717 View attachment 11718 View attachment 11719 View attachment 11720@BigFoot

Sprayed it all

Job done

Bye bye ubik

Nice work Dave - don't give up on ubik just yet tho

Once you've had a couple of SH disasters you'll be back on ubik for some jobs as its stress free

Yeah. Not saying the ones mark is selling are pants. But two people have said they are rubbish. With one guy posting a video.

Probably regulates the amount of hypo itbis mixing with the water if it works like mr Cave's clever wash trolley
I think you mean clever injector ? It's actually a Dosatron which mark tweaks to Handel hypo

Ben Marriott sells the softwash machine with Honda engine and pump

Yeah. Not saying the ones mark is selling are pants. But two people have said they are rubbish. With one guy posting a video.
Yeah I saw that too

We had one at the training course they look decent and Gavin said they are worth having but there's certain nozzles to get cant Rememver which

Like I said Dave just keep it simple at first and smoothly add it to your Window round

See what you can do with current equipment first

I think you were lucky when you used hypo on a conny roof be very carefull to be honest I don't think it is worth the chance a god hard surface cleaner would have the job just as well

Those machines look good but you can do same job with your gear

Just s bit slower coverage

Plus you just have cheap bits to replace

A lot to go wrong with more complicated machinery

That's my thoughts anyway but I'm not technically minded like to keep things simple as poss

Back