Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anything else need adding to this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

yeh me got enough competition thanks to coronation street.......yeh think you covered most things, i only scanned it but didnt notice insurance mentioned....remember everyone had been a windowcleaner at some time if you ask.....oh yes i used to do that.....only the strong survive....

I would probably list a few more things on the trad tools section

• 20 foot ladder
  • wedges, ladder mats, ladder footee (for decking)
  • ladder clamps
  • padlocks
  • 12" squeegee (30 degree and 0 degree for pole work)
  • 4" squeegee
  • 12" applicator
  • holster
  • pouches
  • belt
  • scraper
  • short handled extension
  • small extension for shops
  • ladder clamp for detailing pole work
  • scrims (prewashed are better)
  • microfibers (for frames)

I would probably list a few more things on the trad tools section

• 20 foot ladder
  • wedges, ladder mats, ladder footee (for decking)
  • ladder clamps
  • padlocks
  • 12" squeegee (30 degree and 0 degree for pole work)
  • 4" squeegee
  • 12" applicator
  • holster
  • pouches
  • belt
  • scraper
  • short handled extension
  • small extension for shops
  • ladder clamp for detailing pole work
  • scrims (prewashed are better)
  • microfibers (for frames)
Added.

sunglasses sunhat warm clothes gloves as the weather goes from a to b........the list is endless:) and of course ive always left it at home....

gav you're probably sick of this now but.....what about the sarnies and flask......essential.....i take it as read waterproofs are on the list.....i also have my own personal spoon...this be for my fish and chips.....well have you tried eating with that stupid free wooden fork.....two mushy peas at a time....and these days .....an energy drink.....a plasterer left his on the windowsill yesterday so we workers may have need....well sometimes the energy just drains away..

.of course....you must carry money/change....and if you remember always put the correct change for every job ready in your pocket.....its the worst thing in the world to say to a custy sorry haven't got any change....and of course not to take with you, but....at home.....real coffee beans/vacupack to store them in/grinder/machine for the kick up the ....to get you going...or is that just the old folks...

..and still aren't at the end, the most essential thing of all......a bloomin plaster.....guarantee you will get a cut which is a real bleeder and turns your scrim red....or the worst in the world, i am shaking as i write this ....honest...a splinter rammed up you nail as you detail an old wooden frame.....and of course not forgetting the ultra sharp razor you have to carry for paint etc.....oh that has some memories....recently i was using it to remove the stickers on new builds that the morons still insist on using.....these were energy sticker....real buggers....see if thats on gavs naughty list.....yes, thanks to this forum i now have some special sticky stuff remover....oh add that to the list gav....he he.....well after a few wipes....of course i use plenty of soap.....the blade is gunged up...and so i have to wipe it with my cill cloth....well in the heat of the battle guess which silly old fool watched himself wipe it with too thin a cloth as it nicely sliced open my finger.... yeh plasters a must have....the number of red soaked hankies keeps growing... and so to finish....till i empty my car next week for the mot and notice something else....don't let this put all you newbies off.....you need ...

the will to live:D

Ha i was thinking more of a useful list of things people will need starting out. You know the basic kit, where to get it what they need to know. Not everything and the kitchen sink lol. o_O

x2 for plasters. Cut myself plenty of times, and it gets infected easily with all the dirt you get of the windows so antisep spray probably a good idea. Infact, just a good quality first aid at work kit is a good idea. /emoticons/smile.png lol

Last time I looked at the list I didnt see spare scraper blades and rubbers to Gav, might be worth a mention if they're not on there as there is no point in having a squeegee if the rubber gets a nick or two. An with all the first cleans you do in the early days, you can go through a lot of rubber.

and finally....a totally separate kit for inside work.....well the last one i did i pulled out my scrim and half a garden fell onto the spotless cream carpet....

Back