Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black diamond Rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Let us know if you think they are still as good on this next batch mate.
My rubber came today, but they sent me 5 x 10" of DB, gutted:gush:, was thinking about it all day today coming as well:oops:, have emailed company via ebay, £20 for 50" of rubber is a bit steep methinks:eek:

My rubber came today, but they sent me 5 x 10" of DB, gutted:gush:, was thinking about it all day today coming as well:oops:, have emailed company via ebay, £20 for 50" of rubber is a bit steep methinks:eek:
What company is it via ebay? Sounds dodgy. When you do get the correct ones BD strips are meant to get sent with two rubbers joined together with a pre cut down the middle & when you're ready to use you pull them apart. I'm not sure though on the sizes you've ordered whether they'll come like that.

What company is it via ebay? Sounds dodgy. When you do get the correct ones BD strips are meant to get sent with two rubbers joined together with a pre cut down the middle & when you're ready to use you pull them apart. I'm not sure though on the sizes you've ordered whether they'll come like that.

On ebay they list all the sizes in a row, so I think whoever packed them, just looked at first size 10" and thought it was them ,simple human error, so not worried about it. Black Diamond Squeegee Rubber Soft 10 12 14 18 36 40''best rubbers window clean

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Had to go to post office to pick my package of bd rubber up, it's the right size, but there is a defect on two bits that are joined together, it will hopefully be alright, but it's on the edge. Really have felt a bit annoyed now. Had been sent out wrong size, now there is a defect in this batch Heard that the cleaning warehouse are good, but I'm a tad dissapointed now.

Dropbox - IMAG2953 (1).jpg

Dropbox - IMAG2954 (1).jpg

Had to go to post office to pick my package of bd rubber up, it's the right size, but there is a defect on two bits that are joined together, it will hopefully be alright, but it's on the edge. Really have felt a bit annoyed now. Had been sent out wrong size, now there is a defect in this batch Heard that the cleaning warehouse are good, but I'm a tad dissapointed now.Dropbox - IMAG2953 (1).jpg

Dropbox - IMAG2954 (1).jpg
Nope, not good enough. Get them replaced. Not fit for purpose. That defect will effect the use I'm sure.

I've done two tests between razr red and black diamond, one last Friday at a property and one today.....only on the one window at each property. I've done plenty of homes with razr red but after my little test I've found when the rubber is on the window just overlapping the soap or when you go back to get a bit you've missed the razr red squeaks a bit, whereas the black diamond just tends to glide more often than not. I've also found the Moerman soft pretty good for this also. My top two are BD soft and Moerman soft. Sorry Mr lover of razr red!!!!! Lol

I do have to agree Keefo. The BD Medium is more forgiving, particularly on hot days. Although, I did a job out in a rural property today that had the old painted iron frames...absolutely chewed the ends of the BD to pieces (doesn't matter I just add a few dollars to the account) but my other squeegee with the Razer in it fared much better. I think I'll run with both. Advantages of Red is longevity on rougher frames. BD for a little extra slip and a little more forgiving as I get weary... :)

Yes I'll probably still flick between the three types of rubber Eric but if I had to pick one for the enjoyment factor it would have to be BD. Do you still cut your rubber square? I've found having them this way there is no jumping and sometimes twisting.
01c55975c79aa8aaf2f2084e39c91fc1.jpg

32a6bc8dc2d183275ee5cc530d1a80bb.jpg

Used my BD yesterday and today, enjoying the glide on it, just to see how long it lasts, but its a shame RAZR red didnt keep the standard up, but will still use them in the hope of getting a good batch, its like they have taken the salt out a tasty meal.

Used my BD yesterday and today, enjoying the glide on it, just to see how long it lasts, but its a shame RAZR red didnt keep the standard up, but will still use them in the hope of getting a good batch, its like they have taken the salt out a tasty meal.
Tell me about this? The quality on my 36" lengths is stellar but I did notice some variance with my last lot of 14's. The bulb seems to vary on size, causing sticking in the channel and uneven tension. Is this what you're referring to or has the overall quality dropped?

Tell me about this? The quality on my 36" lengths is stellar but I did notice some variance with my last lot of 14's. The bulb seems to vary on size, causing sticking in the channel and uneven tension. Is this what you're referring to or has the overall quality dropped?
I personally felt the great glide razr red had is not there anymore.

Hi @keefo , apologies for the delay we are new to the forum and I've only just seen this, if you have ordered them from us please give us a call on 01902 637 402 and I will happily replace these, BD are excellent quality usually so I am disappointed to see this. Hopefully they perform just as good as they should. Nevertheless I will replace these /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back