Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ker Ching?

Tuffers

I did a one off at short notice in the summer. The client was a property manager and was impressed with my work. He said he would keep my number for future reference. Anyway, he's just phoned and asked me to clean all uPvc on some houses he lets out. He said that he has more than enough work for me if I want it. God knows how many properties he's got?

Two slight problems though. The work is on one of Europe's biggest housing estates and is well known for shall we say, pilfering (if it ain't nailed down it walks) and access is going to be a nightmare as the houses are in long rows and the back gardens are along alley ways. I don't lock the back of my van ATM, but would defo need outside ports if I went ahead with this.

I will have a look at it next week as it's my quietest week. If it don't feel right I'll def it and maybe sub it out.

Thoughts people?

Walk away if you are that worried as Im sure others have turned the work down in the past if that area is as bad as you say it is Simples...

That's probably why he has offered you the work as can't get nobody else to do it . :Image13:

you don't need to have outside ports fitted, I have my reel fitted in the back of the van and still can lock the van up with the hose running out the back, will post some pics up later to what I have done.

besides if its as bad as you say they would take the hose reel if is just sitting outside the van! lol

Indeed RC I can lock my van without the need for ports too as there is enough room on the n/s back door seal to put the hose through. However if the van was parked out of site on that estate and the water stopped flowing would be worried that me van had been nicked :Image3:

I'm not so sure that a trainee would be interested to proctect your equipment & van from scumbags somehow :Image16:

Indeed RC I can lock my van without the need for ports too as there is enough room on the n/s back door seal to put the hose through. However if the van was parked out of site on that estate and the water stopped flowing would be worried that me van had been nicked :Image3:
or that when you walk back to the van you see loads of leaks from the hose where the kids have put little cuts in it! lol

then you also notice the bricks where your wheels use to be but thats no problem as you can't go anywhere anyways because they have also set fire to the inside of the van so could not see where you were going anyway :Image13:

Update; I went over and did 3 whole exterior cleans this morning. Mrs T sat in the van and minded it. I took all the gear I wouldn't need out last night. The first one was a mare, I had to run a hose through back alleys etc. Next doors dog (pit bull looking thing) was waiting for me when I finished the back. His head was poking through a gap and I couldn't bloody get passed. I waved my pole at it and he backed off, I legged it passed. Second one had old clothes, mattresses etc in the garden and the third one was hinging with cladding front and back. He only has another 30 or so for me to clean. Yippee!

Latest Posts

Back