Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ordered some SLX and other equipment from Gardiners, good choice?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Ordered the SLX 18 with extension with most popular brush. Could have go the lightest brush and Xtreme and knocked off 300grams, but decided to go for this due to their reputation as well as lightness. Need to go light because of injured shoulder. If I don't take out of packaging can return and will see physio Thursday (£75) who will tell me what the problem is and if I can carry on

Got 30 metres of mini bore (the 8mm stuff), was told the 8mm has faster flow rate than 6mm, is this true? Went for only 30metres without a reel just see how it goes, can wind such a short amount up with arms and throw in back of car!

I've got an slx 18 and use it all day everyday. I bought two extensions for it a few months after buying it and keep them on it permanently. It makes it a bit heavier but it saves me time from having to put the extensions on when I need them. In hindsight I would have got a longer slx but mine does the job so it will do for now. Probably best if you only use the extensions when you need them because of your shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i would use the brush you got for 1st cleans & get an extreme medium mixed brush for maintenance cleans

I like the medium mixed sill best

Not really any heavier than a normal medium mixed but a lot easier to do sills etc without having to ***** about

i use an xline mono for 1st cleans but i've got the start of arthritis in both wrists so an extreme brush is a must really

Ordered the SLX 18 with extension with most popular brush. Could have go the lightest brush and Xtreme and knocked off 300grams, but decided to go for this due to their reputation as well as lightness. Need to go light because of injured shoulder. If I don't take out of packaging can return and will see physio Thursday (£75) who will tell me what the problem is and if I can carry on
Got 30 metres of mini bore (the 8mm stuff), was told the 8mm has faster flow rate than 6mm, is this true? Went for only 30metres without a reel just see how it goes, can wind such a short amount up with arms and throw in back of car!
If you have a shoulder injury then you need to be very careful what you use.

My recommendation would be to not use the 8mm Minibore as it is heavier to pull around. Do not use a backpack and Jerry cans if at all possible as these will put far more strain on the body than any pole will.

Do use the following:

Van-Mount system with floor mounted hose reel with 100m of Microbore hose

X3 Xtreme 18 with Extension

Xtreme Medium-Mixed brush

Using the above could make the difference between continuing window cleaning or having to give up /emoticons/smile.png

If you have a shoulder injury then you need to be very careful what you use.
My recommendation would be to not use the 8mm Minibore as it is heavier to pull around. Do not use a backpack and Jerry cans if at all possible as these will put far more strain on the body than any pole will.

Do use the following:

Van-Mount system with floor mounted hose reel with 100m of Microbore hose

X3 Xtreme 18 with Extension

Xtreme Medium-Mixed brush

Using the above could make the difference between continuing window cleaning or having to give up /emoticons/smile.png
Thanks Alex. I ordered the SLX today with minibore. It won't be sent until tomorrow so I will call tomorrow and cancel the brush and get lighter one and cancel the minibore for microbore from your company.

Regarding the pole- I heard so many good things about SLX 18 (990g)and it is only 230g more than the Xtreme 18(760g), that I am pondering whether to change that as well. Do you think this weight would make a big difference?

I think no more lifting barrels in and out anymore for me with trolley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alex. I ordered the SLX today with minibore. It won't be sent until tomorrow so I will call tomorrow and cancel the brush and get lighter one and cancel the minibore for microbore from your company.
Regarding the pole- I heard so many good things about SLX 18 (990g)and it is only 230g more than the Xtreme 18(760g), that I am pondering whether to change that as well. Do you think this weight would make a big difference?

I think no more lifting barrels in and out anymore for me with trolley.
If you give our Customer Service team a call after 9.00am today they should be able to sort this for you.

The SLX18 is also a very good pole - if you had been using a non-carbon pole previously then this will feel amazing. Perhaps if your shoulder condition persists then you could consider upgrading at a later date, but the SLX18 is a good starting point. Brush Choice - Perhaps give the Ultimate Medium/Soft brush a try rather than the Xtreme brush. It is a better all-rounder.

Avoiding lifting barrels is probably going to make the most difference to you rather than exactly which pole/brush you are using.

Hi Slippy

I have found your order (#100023352)on the system and sent the team a note to put a pause on this order until you have rung. I have said that you will probably be switching the hose to Microbore and the brush to an Ultimate Medium/Soft.

Back