Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Rinsing Required Normally?

On first cleans I would use ubik. I have been using ubik on first cleans for quite a few months.

It basically neutralises any soap from trad cleaning. Just been helping out a new starter and after just two weeks he can pretty much clean a first clean WFP as good as me. The key with ubik is it's a lot quicker to strip the windows and frames back to as new
do you mean ubik 2000? http://www.clickcleaning.co.uk/products/16/ubik-2000---universal-cleaner-concentrate-5litre.aspxSo how much do you use and do you just stick it onto your brush?

Yeah spray onto the Brush and clean window.

Don't let it dry on and mind the sun (bakes on)

As with anything like this. Try it at home /emoticons/smile.png

And there lies the problem for us noobs.

Any tips to help with this mate - how do you know?

Cheers!
I have just started to get my videos sorted so will be doing server all guides and will be posted on YouTube.

I have just started to get my videos sorted so will be doing server all guides and will be posted on YouTube.
That will be awesome mate!
I'm already a subscriber. Found you from your top tips vid /emoticons/wink.png

First time cleans... I rinse once as normal, then when the whole house is cleaned I rinse all the glass (not frames) once again.

Maintainence cleans... Rinse once.

Future of window cleaning web site / youtube has a range of good videos when starting WFP.

1. Cover the glass and frames twice with the brush.

2. FInally brush the top edge of the glass twice and lift off.

3. Rinse side to side along the top of the glass. You will see the water create a flow. As soon as the initial rinse pattern hits the bottom of the pane, your done

Depends on what stage your at with the house / customer. 1st clean go to town and scrub, rinse , scrub , rinse etc etc and maybe go a bit over kill the next time, but once on full maintenance cleans you should be literally just rinsing the window quickly. Going a bit over kill at the beginning makes for £££££s later. You will be dancing round houses and will be quids in, quick rub on frames, glass and quick rinse then the next window! This is not cutting corners as you did the hard work on the 1st couple of cleans using some ubik or a like, mr muscle is also ok if in a rush for something at the supermarket.

How does every one get away with so little water. i find it takes a shed load to wash all the small bits of debris down the window, and the one's where the water bead's are a nightmare.

Think it depends on several factors. I ended up sticking with fan jets as I found personally they did beter job for me in rinsing. Although at times I would wish I had jets for certain jobs.

How does every one get away with so little water. i find it takes a shed load to wash all the small bits of debris down the window, and the one's where the water bead's are a nightmare.
Maybe turn the flow up to wash debris down. Mine is on 35 most of the time.

Yep its hardwork being a newbie at wfp, learning how all your windows react to the water is the key i think, but what i noticed is the more times the glass gets pure water on it, it seems to change its character to any water. Has anyone noticed that rain beads up on the glass after a few cleans? Also if its been raining when you put pure water on it nearly dries the window!!

Checkout adders vids on youtube, he helped me, but it sounds like you are rinsing to much, is it out of paranoia? Do as shoddy job as practically possible on your own house to learn what little needs to be done to get the desired outcome. You will be amazed by the power of pure water especially once the maintenance cleans start, i could not do without wfp now

On windows with a lot of debris that doesn't want to rinse away quickly, I gently move the debris straight down the window with the brush.

Latest Posts

Back