Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie and I have found this trolley system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daniel79

Hi all,

Another annoying new member post. I ave set up a business with my father in law currently using a gutter vacuum. Some business has come in and all repeat for next year. We now want to go water fed pole to boost the initial business and pick up additional gutter work.

I have found this system, the chap sells them via ebay:

SureFlo Reverse Osmosis Waterfed Window Cleaning Trolley System (£5 Deposit)

The upside to this system is the ability to load non-pure water on and it filters on the way out. it uses a four stage filter. Having messaged he chap last week the water gets to below 6 but not down to zero.

firstly do you think the set up, pumps etc is good? secondly would you advise a final resin stage add on or will it be sufficient?

thanks so much.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Be very wary Daniel. If you were told that you can load tap water on that and it will filter it as you use it then the person who told you that doesn't know what he is talking about. You would never get water through that RO unit fast enough to clean windows with. £5 to put your name on a list? Sounds like a scam.

Hey thanks ... Funny enough after I posted this I looked at the eBay item again and thought mmmmm. Before this he hadn't listed the £5 listing fee thing . Although he was very quick to respond last week . I did wonder about the flow out of the system ....

If the water in your area has a low enough TDS reading there are trolleys that filter it fast enough using de-ionised resin only. My Brother in law uses one. Where he lives in North Wales it comes out of the tap at just .036ppm. Where I am it's .400 so I need the full works.

Looks very well built

Not sure I understand the £5 ??

I don't think trolleys are the best way - van mount or back pack is best imo

the bottom part is an off the shelf pump box, with the controller moved to the handle bar. you can get them for about £150.

i had a trolley it lasted 1 week, before a van mount system was put in.

Having re read this , I'm not sure it is a scam . The original eBay post a week or so ago made no mention of the £5. It would appear that they are selling a few and the £5 is to in effect have one allocated to you on a list . Also there is an option for cash on collection . Plus his tel number is listed . It would seem a lot of effort to make an odd fiver.

Therefore is it technically possible to pass tap water through ? Unsure on my water here but in the south east and suspect I'm over £300 . Would it be possible to pass the water through this system and then between the last filter and the brush install a resin vessel ?

Having re read this , I'm not sure it is a scam . The original eBay post a week or so ago made no mention of the £5. It would appear that they are selling a few and the £5 is to in effect have one allocated to you on a list . Also there is an option for cash on collection . Plus his tel number is listed . It would seem a lot of effort to make an odd fiver.
Therefore is it technically possible to pass tap water through ? Unsure on my water here but in the south east and suspect I'm over £300 . Would it be possible to pass the water through this system and then between the last filter and the brush install a resin vessel ?

Have a look on his feedback. He has sold 3 items (not wfp related) and has negative feedback on one of them.

The components look good but firstly that battery indicates to me that he hasn't a clue. Its far too small for a Shurflo pump which draws 4.5 amps an hour. There is no way that the r/o he has fitted will produce enough pure to wash and rinse windows. A 4040 is a minimum requirement. Unit will have to be plugged into a customer's water tap.

Looks like a none starter in my books tbh.

His is trying to copy the Brodex Portapower unit.

[media]

[/media]
See the bigger battery Brodex uses and the pump has a bigger flow as well.

Disclaimer: I don't recommend Brodex for any equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the feedback people . I think we will go back pack (was my original thought ). And get an R O system at home and tank . Will keep you posted .

Really really appreciated .

Spruce is right Daniel. That RO will absolutely not produce enough water for to work with from the tap. It will work in terms of filling a static tank at home and taking your supply from that before you set out, but it would need to be running permanently and would produce a ton of waste water compared to what you were getting pure. I use a 300GPD unit and it barely keeps up with me and I'm a one man band. The add may not be a scam but the guy doesn't know what he's talking about because if he'd used one of those ROs he would know all this. We've all learnt it from experience.

As far as trolleys are concerned they are a tool for a certain kind of work. I can earn money faster with a trolley on my round than I could with a van mount any day, and I have mates who have gone full circle too - trolley to van and back to trolley again because they work better for them too. I also have mates who've moved to van mounts and swear by them too. It's horses for courses as far as I'm concerned

Addendum: I have a static system for producing water. My trolley only pumps water so it's nothing like the one in the add. Pure Freedom 25ltr jobbie! Might be more expensive than a backpack but my first lasted 7yrs and was still going strong when I treated myself to a new one as it was looking untidy. Only things I replaced were battery and tyres.

Gardiner's poles are hard to beat. I have both CL-X and SL-X. The latter is lighter and more rigid. Which is my preference. But they are both excellent.

Hi all,
Another annoying new member post. I ave set up a business with my father in law currently using a gutter vacuum. Some business has come in and all repeat for next year. We now want to go water fed pole to boost the initial business and pick up additional gutter work.

I have found this system, the chap sells them via ebay:

SureFlo Reverse Osmosis Waterfed Window Cleaning Trolley System (£5 Deposit)

The upside to this system is the ability to load non-pure water on and it filters on the way out. it uses a four stage filter. Having messaged he chap last week the water gets to below 6 but not down to zero.

firstly do you think the set up, pumps etc is good? secondly would you advise a final resin stage add on or will it be sufficient?

thanks so much.
GO for van mount straight off mate if can I went trolley route and regretted it now using van 90% and backpack for other jobs van not suitable, much better from van

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Van mount needed a ....... Van .... The trolley was second hand ... Plan is build up a round , plus expand the gutter vac side .. Then van with system

Been looking myself at the Water genie backpack /trolley for my tricky jobs .. Of course you gotta purify the water first . 80 pounds vat seems cheap . Dont know the quality, I believe mr. Green pro clean got one ..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Gardiner backpack a good one mate and pure freedom trolley but get the van mount asap like everyone used to tell me and how right they were hard going with trolleys etc

Back