Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SEO Rankings & Phrases

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JJ Window Cleaners

I'm starting to achieve some pretty good rankings for my website for a few different keywords and wondered what words or phrases people are using to find your site?

E.g 'Window Cleaner "Location" or "Location" Window Cleaner or Window Cleaning "Location".

I'm just curious as I don't want to be missing out on any potential searches /emoticons/wink.png

(I know this is the wrong section, but I've put trying to post it in the advertising section for the past 3 hours and given up.)

It varies quite a lot by region - but if you signup for google adwords (don't pay for ads!) you can use the keyword planner tool to see what has been searched in your area over the past 12 months,.. get your keywords to match what people are actually typing into Google & the rest is childsplay. /emoticons/smile.png

Just do a search on google and look at the first listing of a local window cleaner might help to get some idea how it's done. Title, meta data and relevent quality content is what google looks for.

Keyword stuffing and black hat tatics can be a very bad thing now as once google picks this up the site can be banned altogether from search results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf has a point - keywords are essential - but overuse can kill your chances. The rule of thumb is use each key word/phrase only once every 150 words max,..

Back