Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Litres per day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

With early Berlingos/Partners PSA 'secretly' allowed for a driver of 70kgs which was in addition to the payload. So I would brim your tank, and get you van weighed with you driving it. You may have a little extra payload you didn't know you had.

Cheers @spruce I wasn't aware of that, it just about does me with the kit I need, it'd be nice not to have to squeeze everything in. 

Thanks for the reply certainly given me more things to think about

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
no problem,my comments are just from my experiences over the years/wasted money on equipment that only just copes with the growth of the business.there is no way i could cope with the 400l tank i started with now on a daily basis (i thought that was huge when i first started)if i were to go back to a 400l tank i would lose a good £30-£40 a day as the water would run out,times that by five and then times that sum by four to give a monthly figure,times that by twelve to get a yearly sum on lost work or work or not completed work and you get the idea about getting the right tank and van for your business both now and in the future.

no problem,my comments are just from my experiences over the years/wasted money on equipment that only just copes with the growth of the business.there is no way i could cope with the 400l tank i started with now on a daily basis (i thought that was huge when i first started)if i were to go back to a 400l tank i would lose a good £30-£40 a day as the water would run out,times that by five and then times that sum by four to give a monthly figure,times that by twelve to get a yearly sum on lost work or work or not completed work and you get the idea about getting the right tank and van for your business both now and in the future.

I do this part time and I'm trad at the moment with my available days full. I do about 15/20 houses a day around 3 days a week. So not sure how much more my business would grow, just beinggquicker I guess using wfp

I do this part time and I'm trad at the moment with my available days full. I do about 15/20 houses a day around 3 days a week. So not sure how much more my business would grow, just beinggquicker I guess using wfp

no problems,i did part time for a few years until my workload meant i had to give up work for window cleaning.(sounds odd saying that now but its true)window cleaning was paying as much as my full time occupation but with less hours-we went wfp very quickly as i nearly fell off a ladder-rushing as usual.

a couple of things to maybe look at which will still be usefull if you went down the tank/full wfp set up would be a backpack which can be converted into a trolly,gardiners do a nice one,invest in the best pole you can afford if i'm honest as with the water the pole earns you the most money-please don't consider a glass fibre cheapy pole-been there done that and it only hurts your body now and in the future,guess i'm an old git at 50 but still working and earning a crust.

you'll be suprised at how going wfp gives you that bit extra saving in time over trad methods,in theory you may have a day spare given some time to settle into it all so maybe would allow you to take on extra work?.

top tip invest as much as you can afford back into the business in the early days and it will reap benifits quickly

no problems,i did part time for a few years until my workload meant i had to give up work for window cleaning.(sounds odd saying that now but its true)window cleaning was paying as much as my full time occupation but with less hours-we went wfp very quickly as i nearly fell off a ladder-rushing as usual.
a couple of things to maybe look at which will still be usefull if you went down the tank/full wfp set up would be a backpack which can be converted into a trolly,gardiners do a nice one,invest in the best pole you can afford if i'm honest as with the water the pole earns you the most money-please don't consider a glass fibre cheapy pole-been there done that and it only hurts your body now and in the future,guess i'm an old git at 50 but still working and earning a crust.
you'll be suprised at how going wfp gives you that bit extra saving in time over trad methods,in theory you may have a day spare given some time to settle into it all so maybe would allow you to take on extra work?.
top tip invest as much as you can afford back into the business in the early days and it will reap benifits quickly
I've already brought a gardiners slx pole at the end of last year to use for facia gutters and conservatory roof's as I knew I would be looking to transfer over. I'm actually quite nervous about transferring over

I do around 20 jobs per day and still only have a 210l tank in my van

Was trad for 24/25 years and am quick so doing bottoms trad is no issue and i enjoy it a whole lot more than stick waggling 

Wfp just means no ladders anymore 

I was going to get a bigger tank but i have plans for a dedicated tank or 2 smaller ones for chems in the van instead alongside my pure tank with seperate pump etc

If you are purely wfp then get as big as you can as you will use it

I do around 20 jobs per day and still only have a 210l tank in my van

Was trad for 24/25 years and am quick so doing bottoms trad is no issue and i enjoy it a whole lot more than stick waggling 

Wfp just means no ladders anymore 

I was going to get a bigger tank but i have plans for a dedicated tank or 2 smaller ones for chems in the van instead alongside my pure tank with seperate pump etc

If you are purely wfp then get as big as you can as you will use it

I'm short so I still needed to use a step ladder to reach the top of the downstairs windows. When I started wfp I also thought that I would do tops wfp and trad the bottoms. It took me less than 10 minutes on the first day to decide that wfping the bottom as well was the quickest way forward. :2_grinning:

That is what i like about this job

No rules and do what you want

I may lose 1 house a day tradding bottoms maybe but who cares

For me work should be enjoyed as well as make a good income

Some people obsess about hourly rate or daily rate etc but why?

No point being the richest man in the cemetary

Doesn't 1mm reduce flow? It would increase pressure but reduce flow?

I found the opposite to be better, I used some 3mm home made jets on a n old brush and it was much quicker to rinse. The only problem was using 100m of hoses a 5lpm pump was not enough. It was great when used with a shirt hose though. Ideally I would use 3mm jets with an 8lpm pump run flat out but it would likely use too much water. Worth experimentING though.
We all work differently no doubt its the little things that we figure out on our own that we feel works best for us on a daily basis.

We all work differently no doubt its the little things that we figure out on our own that we feel works best for us on a daily basis.

You're right. 3mm jets didn't work for us way back. So we have 'written them off.' 

It could well be that with the acquisition of the Aquadapter and now the univalve as an easier way to stop water flow, they could be a worthwhile consideration again. Time to dig the old brush out again me thinks.

I'm short so I still needed to use a step ladder to reach the top of the downstairs windows. When I started wfp I also thought that I would do tops wfp and trad the bottoms. It took me less than 10 minutes on the first day to decide that wfping the bottom as well was the quickest way forward. :2_grinning:

It's so annoying not being able to reach the top frame. I'm 5ft 9 and I can reach some but not all. If j was 6ft 3 this job would be easier. My preferred method on downstairs windows is to knock off any cobwebs or small amount of dirt with a  microfibre before wfp the rest. But I can't always reach.  

I'm 5"8 and use a little home made wooden platform step thing when trading bottoms. What are others using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Im 6' 1" but a lot of my work is such that even the downstairs i need a small double ladder....

cant wait till i switch over to wfp will definitely make some windows easier, a lot of the work will stay traditional.

For tradding bungalow's. I've got the"dalek", given to me by a now departed fellow windie, a grey plastic step on wheels that you often see in Tesco"s,
In fact I think that's where it came from.[emoji56]

I am 5ft and can just about reach the sills on some jobs with a cloth  :4_joy: :4_joy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back